Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
livewire
livewire began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Question Dictionary Lookup

Hi.
Since I'm a newbie with Cybook, maybe I'm missing something, be patient

Here's the problem: I just can't make a lookup in the dictionaries I have on the cybook.
Highlighted a word (one I know it's in the dictionary) but always a 'no result' message.
???
thank you in advance

Fabio
livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #2
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post
Hi.
Since I'm a newbie with Cybook, maybe I'm missing something, be patient

Here's the problem: I just can't make a lookup in the dictionaries I have on the cybook.
Highlighted a word (one I know it's in the dictionary) but always a 'no result' message.
???
thank you in advance

Fabio
What kind dictionary you have on Cybook? One of the free ones posted around here or you bought it?

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It sounds like a problem in the dictionary. The fact that you can do a lookup shows that the Gen3 is recognising that a dictionary is present.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 AM   #4
livewire
livewire began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Update: I finally (maybe 100th try ) managed to find a word by a lookup.
I both have a demo of a dictionary (the one it worked) and one I bought (a thesaurus).
I'll try deleting the demo and see what happens.
Thank you
=)
livewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
mmmm

I was reading through the manual stored on the Cybook and tried a dictionary lookup . Moving back to the manual I find that the script on the following pages corrupted . Looks like the font had changed to " Symbols " ( If you know MSWord ) .

Hoping it's not going to happen again ....

Then it became interesting ......

I got stuck in menus - and no button press etc would release me from them .. there were 5 menus open on the screen ..... .

At least I was allowed to switch off .

Going back into the manual - all is fine - no problem !!!!!

Last edited by GeoffC; 03-31-2008 at 11:41 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert