Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Def
Def began at the beginning.

Device: Vizio Tablet (vtab1008)
Calibre no longer recognizes

Hello,
I have a Vizio Vtab1008 that was recognized by calibre, but with a software update to honeycomb is no longer being seen as a device. I have seen some posts about it being a driver issue and I followed those instructions which did change the device to the MTP driver.
I have attempted to select the volumes desired and select the disk to transfer too but get an unrecognized folder response.

Any help would be appreciated even if it's a "duh" response.
Thanks
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...word-documents
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Def
Def began at the beginning.

Device: Vizio Tablet (vtab1008)
Sorry, Not grasping conversion of formats to my issue.

Upgrade from Android 2.3 to Android 3.2 with Aldiko has caused a device recognition issue. Computer does recognize tablet as another disk drive.
Def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....d-phone-tablet
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Sorry, Not grasping conversion of formats to my issue.

Upgrade from Android 2.3 to Android 3.2 with Aldiko has caused a device recognition issue. Computer does recognize tablet as another disk drive.
Yes - it seems Android has removed the capability to be seen as a Disk Drive and this is required for Calibre to be able to recognise the device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert