Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
andreabc
Zealot
andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andreabc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (4th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
My guess is that it's both to tap into the domestic Spanish market and to build a collection of Spanish language ebooks prior to opening international ebook stores for Spanish speakers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Except that there are likely to be geographic restrictions on the e-books. Tapping into the US market makes sense though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I'm not sure that's true. I can access the new Spanish site and books show as available to me (in Canada), so I assume this is set up the same way the main amazon.com site is set up to deliver books to international customers now.
I think that now the remaining problem is that the other large market for Spanish speakers (Latin America) is still being more or less neglected (with the $2 surcharge / availability issues).
It's laughable that now with this website the price difference is even more clear (you'll see all US prices on the Tienda Kindle storefront and bestsellers list and then realize that you are getting charged more).
Hopefully this all means that a proper Latin America store is in the near future (as the market down there still doesn't have a lot of competition, it's in their best interest to move fast).

Last edited by andreabc; 04-06-2012 at 09:51 AM.
andreabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #17
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hopefully people are telling folks how to make it look like they are in the US so they can get around the silliness. It is a temporary solution but it is better then dealing with the silliness.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Announcing "eBooks Kindle en Español," a new Kindle Store with the largest selection

Kindle ebooks in Spanish

Wohoo! ... so happy! ... I can read English very well, but reading on your native language is way better, especially when the author wrote in Spanish as well.

I checked and the selection looks good!

**EDIT**

It looks someone else created the thread 1st, lol ... but still, I'm happy no matter what!

Last edited by jocampo; 04-06-2012 at 08:23 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Amazon have had a Spanish eBook store for people in Spain for quite a while (http://www.amazon.es), but, like the other "national" Amazon stores (UK, France, Germany, Italy) it's only available to people in Spain.
True!

And like Harry said, that created problems.

When I bought Cien Anos de Soledad a few weeks ago, it went out in Spain 1st (Amazon spain) but I was not able to download. A few days later it was finally available in USA website or market, same book. Then I was able to buy and download.

This is basically an extension of USA's website or market, adding spanish book to the already existing collection here.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote