Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Wow, how did that show up at the top of my list? I didn't notice the thread was so old, I thought it was new since it was at the top of the listings.

Mike
Poltergeists?

Was it in usercp?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #17
KarlB
Enthusiast
KarlB began at the beginning.

Device: clay tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginolee View Post
You know this got me to thinking about the "screen refresh" rate for paperback books. It usually takes a good second or two to turn the page. The entire "screen" gets all blurry and hard to read during that page turn.

Gino.
Good point. I'll try to remember that before I complain about eInk refresh rates again.

This reminds me of a young woman I once saw reading a paperback on a bus. She held the book open with one hand, and had a masterful technique of turning the pages using just the thumb of her book-holding hand. Not only that, but she flipped the page every thirty seconds or so. It was one of the sexiest things I've ever seen in my life.
KarlB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #18
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
You mean everybody doesn’t do that?

Mike
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:53 AM   #19
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
You know... I knew that something was different but I did not actually notice what it was until I read this
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote