Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #1
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
Easy way to track new releases from fav authors?

I was wondering if anyone has any software or even just a good system for tracking new releases from favorite authors? I really hate the inefficient system I have going right now and am hoping there is a better alternative out there.

I find myself reading much more voraciously after discovering ebooks. It got to the point I had to make a list of authors I want to keep track of so I don't forget them. The list is a bit unwieldy, my current system is to bookmark the author's amazon page and periodically go through the list and "sort by publication date" to see if any new books have come out or are nearing release. This does not seem like an efficient system and is a bit frustrating. It is particularly the case when an author has older books re-released. Many times I have been given false hope of new works, only to have the joy dashed after verified to be a previously read book re-released. That system has also resulted in books I was anxiously awaiting to be out for a month or two before I noticed.

I have looked into this in the past with out finding much luck, but the way technology moves...I figure others must be getting slammed by this issue too...someone will see the opportunity and devise something for us. Heck it is practically the future!
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
I'd like this too.

GoodReads sends out monthly "new releases from authors on your book shelves" newsletters, but it's not quite precisely what I'd like.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
This site perhaps?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^I'm game. I'll try it. Thanks for the link. I'm still catching up on so many authors I never knew about that I have very few authors I have to read when they come out, but there are definitely some that release books so rarely that I'd like to know.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
Hey thanks so much, that link is exactly the type of thing I am looking for..at the very least it seems like it will consolidate my efforts.
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you are into reading series and authors that write series fiction I would recommend fictfact it shows when a new book in a series is coming out alerts you when it does. It also alerts yiou if a author you follow has started a new series.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #7
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
If they have an official page on Facebook, you can follow that. Generally bands and authors hype their new releases like crazy on Facebook.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote