Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #1
technosavvy
technosavvy began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, Kobo Vox
Unhappy Kobo vox SD card doesn't display on calibre

I recently bought kobo vox, and I wanted to add some ebooks to my SD card. I put the micro SD card in the slot. Then I started calibre program, and connected the ereader to my computer. I followed the direction to connect the usb ( as mentioned on the screen). The problem is it only mentions the ereader is connected, it doesn't' mention anything about the SD card. I tried numerous times, but I still get the same result. Am I doing something wrong? Someone please advise how to make it work so I'll able to add my books to the SD card. Thanks!

technosavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
technosavvy

Okay I tried it again, and finally it worked. It's strange sometimes the SD shows on calibre and sometimes it doesn't.
Advert
Old 12-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #3
technosavvy

If anyone comes here I do need your assistance. I have no problem now connecting and unconnecting the ereader/SD card. But when I have them connected a popup appears to add photos to it. When I want to disconnect it gives me problems. It takes forever to disconnect or sometimes don't at all, and other times I need to force it to quit. Do you know if I do force it to quit, would it cause problem for the ereader or viewing the books. Any suggestions to resolve this problem.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
instead of connecting the Vox I use the calibre server with Aldiko (it sees Calibre as a catalogue). See this thread for instructions:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=155802
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ereader, kobo vox, sd card