Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Sync epubs between Kobo app and Kobo wifi?

Hey, y'all, this must be buried in a thread somewhere, but I can't find it: Is it possible to sync a Kobo Wifi with a device that has the Kobo app? These are none Kobo store books, just regular epubs. I prefer Aldiko, but I would gladly deal with the Kobo app on my Flyer if it meant I could sync up the Kobo Wifi I plan to use as my gym reader. I tried fiddling with it, but it seems that the Kobo reader library only wants to deal with Kobo books and won't recognize even those already on the Kobo device. Has anyone heard if Kobo will be less discriminating about syncing in the future?

If I missed the very obvious thread, feel free to chastise me! It's been a rough week and coffee is no longer effective.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
Hey, y'all, this must be buried in a thread somewhere, but I can't find it: Is it possible to sync a Kobo Wifi with a device that has the Kobo app? These are none Kobo store books, just regular epubs.
I am not sure how obvious the various threads about this really are, so you will have to do your own chastisement. Sync is a Kobo ePUB (kepub) only function on any of the devices, at least for now. If they plan on adding this in at some point in the future, they sure are keeping it quiet.

Now, they have kept some very big things quiet in the past, so who knows what is up those Kobo sleeves?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert