Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
aidren
Edge User

Adjusting contrast on ereader?

Is there a means to adjust the contrast on the ereader?

Old 04-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
aidren
Edge User

I read the review you posted... thanks ... and the twilight light level was something I noticed pretty much from the start. They really wouldn't need to offer a large range of selections... maybe the one they have and a couple more. With 8 grayscale levels, I shouldn't think it would be too difficult... but then, I'm not a developer...

Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
soilwork
Edge User

I guess the current level of contrast is the best they can manage out of e-ink panel and controller. I think this is a reasonable assumption since major contrast improvement has been achieved with new e-ink panel (Vizplex over older ones used in PRS-500) but devices using the same panel do not vary that much in terms of contrast.

If it is the case, offering more options will mean offering options to reduce contrast. Given that many people are not quite satisfied with the best possible contrast, I don't see much point of offering options to reduce the contrast.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
PBMax
Edge User

I would like some amount of contrast control.
I have .pdfs which I need to mark up, and often find the color graphs are too faint. Being able to "darken things up" would really be nice.
Thanks.