Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
wilpurina
wilpurina began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
calibre 'tree' not displaying properly

Hi all,
I'm new here, and think I've broken my library!

When I opened calibre yesterday, the tree on the left looked like this:

with all the authors and series gone - how do I fix it??!!

Thanks very much, Wil
wilpurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
with your backup of the calibre library... you do have a backup right?

Seriously, what happens when you click (expand) the two author subcategories?
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look below the tree, there's a box that says something like "Sort by popularity" or "Sort by rating", change it to "Sort by name"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #4
wilpurina

think i have a backup somewhere, but hopefully i won't need it as the book details are all there, its just when you drill down you get the list of authors okay, its just that there's no alphabetical separation or order:

Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
wilpurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Look below the tree, there's a box that says something like "Sort by popularity" or "Sort by rating", change it to "Sort by name"
Genius! Thank you !!! Can't believe I didn't spot that. I'm going to do a new back-up right now just in case I need it in the future!

Advert