Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 07-20-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Promethean
Promethean began at the beginning.

Device: moto 860
Question Where to purchase?

Hey All,

I'd like to buy a v8! Where can I do this? The jinke site has a form to fill out, but I haven't heard from them yet, and am just wondering what the options are, if any. I saw something here about a Ukraine distributor, but couldn't find a link.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
vladare
vladare began at the beginning.

Ukranian site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethean
Hey All,

I'd like to buy a v8! Where can I do this? The jinke site has a form to fill out, but I haven't heard from them yet, and am just wondering what the options are, if any. I saw something here about a Ukraine distributor, but couldn't find a link.
You can find it there www.lbook.com.ua
vladare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #3
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Buying in China

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am moving to China next month so I emailed Hanlin to check on availability of the V8 in Shanghai. This is their reply.

Thank you for your interest in our products.
It's a pity that now we have no agent in Shanghai. You only can find the product in Beijing and Tianjin.
The V8 is available for sale, but V2 is not available for personal users.
How long will you stay in Shanghai? If you order the product from our company, we can send it to you by EMS.
And the order procedure is
Firstly you provide us your information for delivery, including receiver/address/telephone number.
Secondly, we count the whole price(V8 price plus delivery fee), and offer you our bank account
Thirdly, you wire the payment to our bank account.
Fourthly, after we check your payment in our bank account, we'll send the product to you by EMS(the product will reach you within one week.)

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Mei Yan

Tel:+86-22-87890035 ext.228

Fax:+86-22-23509146

E-mail:marketing@jinke.com.cn
meiyanwhite@gmail.com

Tianjin Jinke Electronics Co.,LTD

No. 15, Keyandong Road, Nankai District,

Tianjin 300192, China

eReading Device Global Leading Manufacturer

I like this company. Very fast response. Interesting way to make a purchase though. I wonder if they would accept my Canadian credit card?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That payment method does seem ... bizarre.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:31 PM   #5
Promethean
Promethean began at the beginning.

Device: moto 860
Yes, I thought so too, which is why I haven't purchased it quite yet. Paying that way costs extra money, ($15-$25) and the shipping is $70, which I didn't expect. I've purchased a bunch of items from Japan and China, and when it has been shipped through EMS or a few other services, it's only been at most $30-40, usually less. For that total cost, I may wait.
Promethean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I may have to do a road trip to Beijing when I get there. I would also assume that I can buy pretty much anything in Shanghai. May be a fun search.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:46 AM   #7
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
Hello Tom!

I am just back from Shanghai after 2 1/2 months there. I spent the better part of a day hunting for the V8 with the help of a Chinese colleague. No one there has ever heard of the V8, nor Hanlin, nor Jinke.

Be careful with the fake Rolex sellers there, they are a pain in the royal a$$!
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvetinari2
Be careful with the fake Rolex sellers there, they are a pain in the royal a$$!
Or of girls on the streets who try to lure you into expensive bars (and into whatever else) by asking "do you want to make friend?" Happened to a colleague of mine last month
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
Tom Swift
Addict

What's wrong with making friends? Unless they want something else....

And I want to get a fake Rolex for my buddy who has a Rolex fixation. I have seen him stop somebody on the road and admire his watch. Weird.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #10
lordvetinari2
Zealot

If you want to buy a fake Rolex, don't fall for the first offer. They usually start at 100 RMB (10 eur) for 1 watch, but some of them go as far as 100 RMB for 10 watches. The very least they will offer you is 5 watches for 100 RMB.

Regarding Shanghai girls, ehem, what can I say? When you hear "masachi, masachi", start to run. It's not a massage they are really offering, you know? Not that I have accepted such an offer, but you hear *stories*. The place is infested with massage houses. Whenever you see a hairdresser's full of bored women looking at passers-by, you better look the other way like you never saw them, or a crazy woman will get out of the place and start yelling at you to come in. Foreigners are targeted by locals because being a foreigner obviously means you are rich. And it's not like I lived at a redlight district or anything, I lived right very close to Lujiazu, the financial district in Pudong.

Then, as Alexander says, there are the "friendly types", or the "are you alone? oh, poor thing". Some of them just try to lure you into a pub, but others want to catch a rich foreigner. Apart from the poor bugger paying for everything, girls increase their social status by being with a foreigner. Sad, but true.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:45 AM   #11
Tom Swift
Addict

Interesting. It is always good to talk to someone who has been there. I have a job teaching Physics at an International School about 2 hours west of Shanghai but plan on going there on the weekends. Don't know if I need 10 watches though.

It would be nice to meet some girls there, but "nice" girls, you know? I doubt they hang out in the bars or in the seedier parts of town. Museums maybe?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:37 AM   #12
lordvetinari2
Zealot

You may find nice girls everywhere there. It's Shanghai, the girls there are the prettiest ever.

If you want to find girls who are not (only) after your money, be suspicious when flirting is too easy and avoid tourist-infested pubs (like the Intercontinental pub). You will recognize those kind of ladies easily enough after a few nights out.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #13
dustinpeng
dustinpeng began at the beginning.

Actually interesting, but where to buy? is it far from the topic. he~

In American market V8 price is $299, but in China it's around $400.

So I'm looking for buy it in other country else>
Currently I'm in Beijing
dustinpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #14
Tom Swift
Addict

Have you contacted the company in Beijing? What is their price in RMB for a V8? I heard from the StareBook company, and they quoted me 3600 RMB. Pretty steep.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:32 AM   #15
dustinpeng
dustinpeng began at the beginning.

some one sale at 3400RMB. (www.banzhan.com.cn - in Chinese)
Still expensive. I think.
dustinpeng is offline   Reply With Quote