Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
How to add calibre to Trook?

I have a question. I cannot add my calibre server to my Nook Trook app.

I typed the ip of my computer and than :8080 but my Nook cannot connet to my calibre library. What do I do wrong? I only found a clip on youtube and basicly I'm doing the same. Do I have to add more stuff than just the softroot?
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
kbs
kbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-books

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
Could you check using http://<ipaddress>:8080/stanza (rather than just http://<ipaddress>:8080)?

The <ipaddress>:8080/stanza is the server URL that actually delivers the catalog (the unvarnished version serves an HTML version which Trook does not understand.)

-kb
kbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 AM   #3
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Yes, it works now. Thank you. But I think it does not download the books I choose. It says downloading in the background, but I don't see, that books are added to my library.

Oh, and how can I bookmark this connection? right now I always have to type in my ip etc. again. I holded this button and the menu opend, where I said bookmark. I tapped on that, but the calibre Library is not added to the tabs like the Newspapers etc.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
kbs
kbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-bookskbs has learned how to read e-books

Books are downloaded into your "my documents/Downloads" folder.

If you're viewing books from trook itself, navigate to that folder and refresh it. If you're viewing books from one of the library applications, you'll likely need to "check for new content."

Feeds are bookmarked into your "my feeds" folder, which is accessible from your root menu. Please restart trook if needed, as there's a bug in rev45 that prevents this folder from showing up if you bookmark anything for the very first time. To restart Trook, long tap the settings icon, and pan-scroll down to the last item which says "stop application."

(More Information about this and other details is also in the Trook documentation. You can also access updates, news and the same documentation from within trook -- rootmenu -> nookdevs -> trook.)

-kb
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
mos
Addict

@kbs: thanks! That helped. I have the folder now and can use it. Thank you so much, I would not have that found out.

Different question. When I set up my nookLauncher menu and removed e.g. tabs like shop, settings ect. Now, when I enable these tabs again. The picture is not shown anymore. I have only a little sign there instead of the pic. and the discribtion. How can I get the icons back?
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
kbs

I haven't worked on the nookLauncher, but I've passed on your message to the people working on it. You can also follow up by filing an issue at http://code.google.com/p/nookdevs/issues/list which they read regularly.

Best regards,
-kb
Old 02-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
hharan
Connoisseur
hharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enoughhharan will become famous soon enough

Device: nook
Hi guys,
This issue seems to be a bug in the nookLauncher code & I'm able to reproduce it with the version included in the 1.2 softroot.
I'll add it to the list of issues for the next release.
I'll probably have it done by Saturday evening EST.
You can then upgrade the app using the nookdevs feed in Trook.

It's possible to fix this by updating the launcher database from adb shell. If you are interested, I can send the steps.

I check the issues list frequently in http://code.google.com/p/nookdevs/issues/list

If you find any issues/new features, feel free to create a defect in there and someone will respond.
hharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #8
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
The 1.2 rooted image was updated around noon PST on Feb 8th, if you've downloaded it prior to that, you might want to reflash to get updated apps.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #9
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Step by step -- How to sync Calibre

Hello,

I have a softrooted nook and Calibre. Things workiing fine. However, I am looking for a kind person to walk me step by step through instructions on how to set up my Calibre to automatically synch with my Nook. What I want, basically, is for the newsfeeds to be transferred to Nook each day after they are automatically downloaded through Calibre.

If you choose to help, please keep it simple -- I have the android software and am familiar with cmd, but I need very basic instructions --

Thanks much,
Barbara
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote