Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
jellybean
jellybean began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
New fonts in SD card doesn't show up in font list

The fonts I recently saved into my SD card don't show up in the format options menu. The very strange thing is that this is the second time I loaded fonts into the font directory of my SD card; the fonts I loaded in the first round showed up, but not the fonts in the second round, and fonts I deleted are still showing up in the options menu.

Even stranger, if I access the font directory using the Bebook, I can see the fonts I just loaded... they just refuse to show up in the options menu. I tried rebooting the Bebook, but still no luck...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Interesting. I have various ideas why this can happen, but it needs a bit of debugging. Please open a ticket, so the issue won't get lost.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #3
jellybean
jellybean began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Will do, and thanks for looking into it. Really appreciate the work you guys have put into Openinkpot!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I ran into the same effect; changes to the font folder are not recognized by the reader applications (deleted fonts still listed/added fonts ignored). Full reboots do not help.
What does help, though, is *attempting* to reflash the reader with the exact same firmware. Attempting, because the bootloader runs through the process in seconds rather than minutes and clearly does not replace the firmware.
Rebooting with a different font folder configuration after the attempt does result in an updated font list in both FBreader and Coolreader.

Also of note: booting up with 100 font families in FBreader works smoothly, but repeatedly testing the different fonts results in an incremental slowdown in application response (page turns, menus, etc) after a couple dozen font tests. Performance went from pleasingly snappy to painfully slow. Again, attempting to re-flash restored performance.

Not a big issue either way as I've achieved my goal of narrowing down my font load to a handful that look good at the sizes I favor. First choice is Georgia, for what its worth. Clean, dark, and very smooth in both portrait and dual-column landscape.

The more I use OI, the more I like.
A donation will be forthcoming.

Tags
bebook, fonts, openinkpot