Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Question about charging battery

Today, I loaded the OpenInkpotInstall20090326 firmware on my EZ Reader. I've been using LBook for a while because it uses CoolReader for HTML books, which I have because of format shifting anyway, and it does a good job. By the time I finished flashing it, the battery was below half. I plugged it in and the LED shows red as usual when I plug it in. With the other firmware, the LED shows green when it's fully charged. Does OI do the same thing??

Norm
Old 06-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
I think it does not. It always stays red for me when I charge it, even when it's on 100 %.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
It's hardware limitation. V3 charging controller is quite stupid.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
It's hardware limitation. V3 charging controller is quite stupid.
Ok.. but how come it turns green with the original firmware?
So it should be possible right?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

It's possible, but useless. Red LED turns off when the charging is finished.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
So it *should* let you know when charging is done? Because mine stayed red, seemed like ages after it showed 100 %. Was I just too impatient?
Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Controller just charges battery several hours, and then stops. If you wait a bit longer, LED should turn off

Tags
ez reader, openinkpot