Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-18-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
drastogi
drastogi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
how to save the new kindle ebook format in calibre

Hi all,

I have been trying to save my new kindle ebooks which I purchased from Amazon in my calibre library but it does not accept the new format?? Can anyone help me figure out how to save my new purchased kindle books in calibre. it used to be so easy when amazon had their awz format but now its some kfx format.

Thank you.

Deval
drastogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Don't use your Voyage. Instead, download and install the free application Kindle for PC and have your newly purchased books sent there. Then you can add the books from the Kindle folder on your PC (usually found in Documents/My Kindle Content) to Calibre. The Kindle for PC doesn't use the new KFX format (so far).
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Or login to Amazon on the Web from a computer or tablet, go to your contents and devices, select the book you want and download via usb to your computer. This will give you an azw3 file which you cannot into Calibre.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
drastogi
drastogi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thank you guys for the heads up! I appreciate all the help you gave and it worked! yay!

Best....Deval
drastogi is offline   Reply With Quote