Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #46
CubeDweller
CubeDweller has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Aura
It's strange that the Kobo site still says "Pre-order now" on the Aura page.
CubeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #47
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
thanks all . I now know that it was a good idea to wait. you think they would have learned their lesson . Apparently Rakuten isn't keeping a good eye on their kobo division. ordered a paperwhite 2 , have an order number a ship date and a delivery date already and my choice of shipping options. looks like kobo needs to take a page from amazon's book. I have a kobo aura hd and a hobo arc and I like them a lot and do prefer to read on a kobo or kobo app.
I guess I will check some independent booksellers and see if they will carry them.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #48
blueberry pie
blueberry pie began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre eBook Reader Pro
Prior to ordering, I e-mailed Kobo Thursday 9/12 asking about expected ship dates, where they ship from, and length of time to reach me. Received response about 23 hours later:

"Thank you for contacting Kobo Customer Care. We are glad to help you.

We are happy to assist you with your request.

Please note that the delivery date of the New Kobo Aura is based on the region and most of the them are delivered by courier. Furthermore, the target date for you to receive the pre-order is on September 16th.

If you have any further concern feel free to contact us at any time." Followed by a ticket number

I ordered one today and immediately received an order number. About an hour and a half later was sent essentially the same thing with an invoice number. No shipping info.

I was surprised as I placed the order that the only methods of payment were MasterCard and Visa, and no expedited shipping options. Will post upon receipt.
blueberry pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
From Help Desk;

Quote:
According to our records, the order: *** for your Kobo Aura was processed on August 31st. As soon as the shipping process is successfully initiated, we will send you a confirmation email including the tracking information.

Please accept our apologies if there has been a delay in the shipping.
So I guess they didn't even received their units yet.
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #50
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
OK, well...not only did I never get a shipping notice after the invoice the other day but the pending charge is, once again, gone off my credit card. I just hope the blessed thing gets here before my vacation at the end of the month! Impatient? Yes, I am.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #51
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
the pending charge is, once again, gone off my credit card..
Interesting
As I mentioned in an earlier post, that happened to me, soon after pre-ordering on Aug 28. However, the pending charge reappeared on Sep 12, and is still marked "pending", so I hope the pony express rider's horse is not too spavined, and will get to Texas before the creeks dry up.

I also hope Halloween "Trick or Treat" is not early this year, since that would be an expensive trick!
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #52
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
Interesting
As I mentioned in an earlier post, that happened to me, soon after pre-ordering on Aug 28. However, the pending charge reappeared on Sep 12, and is still marked "pending", so I hope the pony express rider's horse is not too spavined, and will get to Texas before the creeks dry up.

I also hope Halloween "Trick or Treat" is not early this year, since that would be an expensive trick!
This is the second time since ordering on the 28th I've gotten the pending charge that then fell off. And, yes, that would be an expensive trick! I hope the rather slow shipping means they sold bejillions of them!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #53
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
No Selina4books more like incompetence.. I hope you get it soon.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #54
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Well, I guess all this makes me glad I didn't order yet....maybe I should wait for a US seller and not try to get too impatient.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #55
Irvinglord
Irvinglord began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Hi everyone! I ordered my Aura on Sep 4, got an invoice on Sep 12 and the charge appeared on my CC statement on Sep 14. I really hope it isn't going to take until October for it to reach UK shores!
Irvinglord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:38 AM   #56
selina4books
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2246 View Post
No Selina4books more like incompetence.. I hope you get it soon.
Well...it's early am Monday morning the 16th here, and still no shipping notice. The charge was gone off the credit card Sunday morning (again) but now it's back and no longer pending. It's been on and off like a yoyo. I've ordered a Glo and the Aura HD directly from Kobo before and they were shipped promptly. This is weird. You'd think they'd be getting the mechanics of product release down by now.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #57
poet
poet began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hey all - first time poster here; been kind of lurking for a bit now... Just wanted to add to the absurdity & wonderment a little:

I pre-ordered my Aura around 11:30 pm EDT, the night of August 27th... Got an order confirmation e-mail at that time, plus a pending charge, which dropped off a couple of days later.

This past Thurs. Sept. 12, I received another invoice e-mail, and the next day the charge came back and actually went through. Now it's Monday the 16th and still no shipping notice. I'm still really hoping it's on its way and no one bothered to e-mail a notice. Silly wishful thinking, probably, but one can hope!

Are they always this bad with shipping and notifications?? I'm beginning to get the sense they are... Well, if nothing else, thanks for letting me commiserate, folks! Here's hoping we all get our Auras soon!! *fingers crossed*
poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #58
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
And still says "pre-order" and still no pink!!! How irritating. Maybe I can get one by next March (my birthday).
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #59
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by poet View Post
Are they always this bad with shipping and notifications?? I'm beginning to get the sense they are... Well, if nothing else, thanks for letting me commiserate, folks! Here's hoping we all get our Auras soon!! *fingers crossed*
Shipping notices are hit and miss. For the Aura HD a lot of people got the shipping email a couple of hours before or after the device showed up at their door.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #60
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Having followed this thread with much interest, (and not ordering from Kobo online), I've decided to pester WH Smith instead. Just noticed that the Aura HD has disappeared from their website, although it was there this morning ...... could it be a hopeful sign?

EDIT: I've just seen what they've done, they've split the Aura out from the Aura HD. Still at least they are aware there is a difference now!

The new Aura is now available for order on the WH Smith website!!! Even better, it is listed as IN STOCK.

Last edited by Lyn2012; 09-16-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote