Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #16
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
So you cannot reach and wake up the Story from standby...

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Mine came today. The light is really cool! I can hardly wait for bed time. Sorry Fire, not tonight! I have a new light!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Mine came today. The light is really cool! I can hardly wait for bed time. Sorry Fire, not tonight! I have a new light!
Am loving my new "spring look" too! But that light switch is very sensitive; think I need to stock up on AAA's.

mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
BTW, for those that weren't aware, these covers also fit Kobo and iRiver HD readers. Another BTW, I was able to squeeze my Kindle Fire in one.
The $9.99 price is still active. Mine arrived yesterday. iRiver Story HD owners considering this should be aware that the power slider switch is blocked and that the lower right strap interferes with (but does not completely block) the SD card slot and the USB port.

Of course, you can remove the cover to get at these, it is up to you whether that is worth the wear and tear and inconvenience. I was able to turn my HD on by plugging in a live USB cable and by sliding the switch with a ruler. Neither of those is particularly convenient.

Other options are to trim the strap and to cut a hole at the switch.

The cover has no means to keep closed during transport, but the light can be rotated to more or less hold it closed.

I plan to leave the cover on until I need to get at something or need the light, and to leave the cover off until I need to protect the screen. The HD is not my primary reader, so that should work out OK for me.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The $9.99 price is still active. Mine arrived yesterday. iRiver Story HD owners considering this should be aware that the power slider switch is blocked and that the lower right strap interferes with (but does not completely block) the SD card slot and the USB port.
Ah, when M-Edge said that the covers fit the iRiver HDs, they didn't say "how well." This is good information.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
oh wow, i want this too! does this still include the brown sleeve? i ask because while the covers were listed on Amazon, they included a brown new yorker sleeve. it's not mentioned on m-edge so i'm wondering if it came with one.

...i can't choose a design D:

Last edited by wyndslash; 04-24-2012 at 08:16 PM.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #22
alangp
alangp began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Oops! Got mine today and found the same problem.
If you search on Ebay, those cases made specially for story
hd have opening on the back but they cost 20-30 dollars.
Just wondering whether this E-reader can be waked up by pressing
two or three keys together on the front if Iriver is kind enough to provide
such a solution in the next firmware update?
Or there is no way around besides cutting an opening myself.
If that's the case, I just like to give the case to my friend who has a
Kindle 3.

Last edited by alangp; 04-25-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: add more info
alangp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #23
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Information for Kindle Fire owners:

This special offer is still good for those interested.

I ordered this cover last month just to get the free light. Last week I ordered the refurbished Kindle Fire, which arrived yesterday. The cover fits the Fire nicely and is a really good deal at this price.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #24
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'm going to try them on my coverless VOX, but may just use them as now-and-then Kindle covers. I ended up with two, both of which look great (and paid one penny less than buying a single light to get the lot!)

ETA - the VOX won't fit, it's too big (by far). Not quite sure I could jam the Kindle Fire into it either. The smaller Kindles go into it, but not very securely.

Last edited by koland; 05-09-2012 at 10:46 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
The cover is displayed with the kindle keyboard model which is an inch longer and a quarter inch wider than the $79 kindle. Has anyone used this cover with the k79? How is the fit?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #26
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
The cover is displayed with the kindle keyboard model which is an inch longer and a quarter inch wider than the $79 kindle. Has anyone used this cover with the k79? How is the fit?
It goes in it, but the fit is very loose. I don't know that I'd try to use it for either of the two new, smaller Kindles.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #27
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i assume the light will work with the k79. still a good deal if that's the case...
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, light works with anything, as it is battery powered. can even use it with a paper book, as it is designed to do that, as well as slide into the case.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #29
wizwor
Wizard

thanks. in 4 1.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #30
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
This is something I'm seeing everywhere, cases needing to be cut or modified. Sure, not everyone has one of the big 3, but it seems like some case-maker could make a mint making specific brand ones no? < confused >
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote