Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-14-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
chomeuser
chomeuser began at the beginning.

Device: chromebook
Remove message from screen

Hello,
I am new to this, but could use your experience with Kindle Cloud Reader and my new Chromebook by Samsung. I have used Overdrive and the Kindle Cloud Reader to download and open a library book.
The problem is that this message appears at top left of the screen, covering that section of text:
"This free Kindle Smart Reader is supported by the Amazon affiliate program. It only requires you to click on it once per day. It opens to Amazon in a new window."
Bummer! How do I get rid of the message so I can read all the book text?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Walt
P.S. Couldn't post this at first, hope this is not multi-post.
chomeuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It sound like you are using the third party Kindle Smart Reader chrome app.

Why not just use Amazon's Kindle Cloud Reader (https://read.amazon.com/) directly from the Chrome browser?
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #3
chomeuser
chomeuser began at the beginning.

Device: chromebook
Rwmove message from screen

jhowell,
Right, I was using Smart Reader, because cloud reder didn't work for me. Problem is now solved a different way, by using overdrive "read now" off-line. Thanks for your response.
chomeuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:33 AM   #4
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
This free Kindle Smart Reader is supported by the Amazon affiliate program
Boggles the mind! I very much doubt it is supported by Amazon Associates; rather, the Associate hopes you will support HIM, I suspect. Somebody has created an app so he can get a referral fee if by chance you should buy a book using the app. Wowsa.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chromebook help, kindle cloud