Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #166
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Just added another historical fiction for my March challenge. On a recommendation by MickiTee to try Rosemary Sutcliff for another Robin Hood read. I also found this book , Sword at Sunset, by this author. I loved it ! It's about the Legend of King Arthur, renamed Artos The Bear, but it's much more about ancient Britain and the time when the Romans had left Britain 100 yrs before. All the romance of Camelot was left out and all the names were changed but I could still recognize who they were according to the legend. A much more realistic for the times story, but all the charm and worldly magic remain. Looking forward to other books Sutcliff has written.

Last edited by Wearever; 03-27-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #167
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Just before the end of the month I manage to finish my 30th book of the year, I'm a bit behind on average page count per book. I like the fact that I managed on average 10 books a month (I might have chosen a very easy and short read for my 30th book, just to be sure I made that statistic).

March was an okay month, I've read less than on average for that month, but since both January and February were both slightly better than normal I'm about 60 pages ahead.

I'm pretty sure I can't keep up with the 10 books a month; I've got several longer books planned; first of all I want to reread American Gods by Neil Gaiman, which is over 600 pages, plus I'm unable to read Gaiman quickly. I've also got the second book in the
Commonwealth Saga lined up (not sure if that's for April or not) and that book is well over a 1000 pages.
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 03:25 AM   #168
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My target is a TBR reduction of 47 or more, and it's currently 16. So that's pretty good for one quarter of the way through the year. The question is whether I can keep it up!
An omnibus or two, and my TBR reduction is down to 13. I need to be even more controlled about my purchases to make my target.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:44 AM   #169
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I'm consistently 3 to 4 books behind target at the moment, due mainly to my slow start caused by the tome that is Game of Thrones. I also don't seem to manage more than about half an hour a day reading due to other commitments and pastimes.

14 read, with a year's target of 75.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:14 AM   #170
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I've managed exactly 8 books a month so far this year. Sadly I am averaging 11 books added to my library per month, so the TBR is currently up.

I did have the 1100-page Shogun casting a long shadow over the last 2 months, though. It took me about 3 weeks to read. I do have some other long books lined up, too.
Advert
Old 03-31-2017, 09:06 AM   #171
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
I'm still trading water, slightly behind pace but hoping to catch up by late spring
Old 03-31-2017, 11:56 AM   #172
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Today being the last day of March, I can summarize my quarterly reading progress. I have finished reading 26 books, and I am one ahead of my average target for the quarter. I have reduced my TBR to 946, which is good after considering the buying 6 new ebooks and further adding 3 more freebies in this period. It is a solace that the books in my wish list do not need any immediate purchase and I can keep them pending for now and consider reading the stockpiled books first.

Quote:
Books read this year - 26
TBR - 946 Ebooks, 19 Pbooks, 40 in Wish list.
Books bought this year - Ebooks 6, Pbooks 0, Freebies 3.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #173
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I am well ahead of target, like normal for this time of year. I tend to start out fast and slow down as the nicer weather arrives.

Currently at 9,500 pages and 31 books finished. I have reduced my TBR pile by 3 books but that includes adding 5 library books to my TBR that are on hold, rather than purchased books.

I have 93 points in the "All Your Books Are Belong To Us" challenge which is good too. It has been a fun way to get myself to read some books out of my normal comfort zones. Thanks to HomeInMyShoes for setting this one up.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #174
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I also appear to be ahead of target. Still a little to US-centric, so I need to work on that. Charts attached, cause I'm a big 'ole nerd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Challenge Progress.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	155912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Country Breakdown.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	155913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Genre Breakdown.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	155914  
Old 04-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #175
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
On target again for March. Six new authors in three months - not bad, but I definitely need a change of genre from cozy mysteries.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #176
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
March was a good month for me.

5 books read that were:
1 free
2 library borrows
2 purchased
Old 04-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #177
KenFisher
Connoisseur
KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.KenFisher composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox, iPad
Well, I have finished my 31st audiobook of the year. Since I am so far ahead on my goal of 52, I have bumped the goal to 100 for the year. I have a number of books lined up to listen to and I have many that I would like to purchase. I hope to hold out on purchasing anything new until July.

Ken
Old 04-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #178
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Nothing much to report after the first quarter for me. I'm slightly ahead or on target for my various goals which is just about perfect. It means I have to stay focused and that my goals are serving as goads as intended. No panicking but no coasting (which is not to say I wouldn't welcome a wee bit more slack! ).
Old 04-03-2017, 11:49 AM   #179
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, I understand about the desire for a bit of slack, issybird. Like you, I'm essentially on target, though the hardest part is just finding time (and remembering) to update my list here. But the tracking portion is going well, due primarily to adding additional columns in Calibre that encourage me to keep track!
Old 04-18-2017, 01:37 PM   #180
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Starting to slack on my reading. Not that into the two books I'm on right now. Must...power...through...

-HM
Closed Thread