Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Keyboard patch - help please

I've created this simple script for Czech/Slovak keyboard patch (It is intended for BFU, without the knowledge about the file patching on PC):
Code:
#!/bin/sh

inpfile="/usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0"
tmpfile="/tmp/libnickel.so"

codename=`/bin/kobo_config.sh`;
case $codename in
    pixie|trilogy|pika|kraken|phoenix|star)
        patchno="1";;  # Mini    | Touch (B/C) | Touch 2.0 | Glo | Aura | Aura Ed. 2
    dragon|dahlia|snow)
        patchno="2";;  # Aura HD | Aura H2O    | Aura H2O 2
    alyssum|daylight)
        patchno="3";;  # Glo HD  | Aura ONE
esac

cp $inpfile $tmpfile
cp $inpfile $inpfile.sav
patch32lsb -p /root/keyboard$patchno.patch -i $tmpfile -o $tmpfile
cp $tmpfile $inpfile
rm $tmpfile

sleep 5

rm /etc/udev/rules.d/keyboard_patch.rules
rm /root/keyboard_patch.sh
rm /root/keyboard1.patch
rm /root/keyboard2.patch
rm /root/keyboard3.patch
rm /sbin/patch32lsb
It is attached to udev.rules:
Code:
KERNEL=="loop0", RUN+="/root/keyboard_patch.sh"
The libnickel.so file is patched and copied to the right place. It works fine.

But I have to switch off and switch on my Kobo to accept new libnickel.so.
Is it possible to do it without manual switch off and on? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot-KeyboardPatch-cz-sk-4.4.9344.zip (8.3 KB, 270 views)
File Type: zip KoboRoot-KeyboardUnpatch.zip (594 Bytes, 275 views)

Last edited by helour; 06-27-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added new (corrected) packages
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
You could call "/sbin/reboot" as the last line of keyboard_patch.sh. (Maybe one has to call sync before that, in order to make sure that everything gets written to disc before rebooting. I do not know exactly.) Alternatively, could also kill nickel (and some related processes) and then relaunch it again, but rebooting is much easier.

Last edited by tshering; 06-26-2017 at 02:13 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Solved

Thanks,

sync and /sbin/reboot works fine. It is little bit time consuming, but it works.
helour is offline   Reply With Quote