Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-17-2017, 05:28 PM   #46
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini-1, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
I like the way the letters look in Georgia, but the numbers are helter-skelter.

I like the letters and numbers in Charis SIL, but highlighting in my reading app (Marvin 3) does not work well with Charis.

So, my font of choice is Times New Roman ... it meets all my font needs.
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 10:49 PM   #47
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, PW2, Galaxy Tab S
I font hop a lot. My current font is Isidora Alt

https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/latinotype/isidora

There's a free Light weight, which requires bolding for e-ink.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #48
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color / Nook HD+ / Surface Pro 4
Because the font does not register with me, when reading, I rarely change the font in books.
Apache
Apache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #49
Solitaire1
Samurai Maple Bar Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I prefer the following typefaces when writing my stories:
  • Times New Roman/Thorndale: Main body
  • Calibri: Headings and subheadings
  • Courier New: Displayed text (such as on computer screens)
  • Comic Sans/Script: Hand written items (like notes)

When it comes to general writing, I prefer to go with a common typeface like Times New Roman. I used to avoid it, but I'm growing to like the way it looks.

Last edited by Solitaire1; 05-01-2017 at 03:16 PM.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #50
Solitaire1
Samurai Maple Bar Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
I like the way the letters look in Georgia, but the numbers are helter-skelter.

I like the letters and numbers in Charis SIL, but highlighting in my reading app (Marvin 3) does not work well with Charis.

So, my font of choice is Times New Roman ... it meets all my font needs.
I strongly agree about the numbers in Georgia. While the letters look good, the old-style numbers make it a no-go for me. It is one of the things that pushed me to going back to Times New Roman.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
The font depends on the eReader in question. On the newer Kindles, I prefer the Bold Ember font. On the older ones which don't have that font, I prefer Helvetica. On my eReaders which include the ability to add fonts, it depends on whether the device allows you to make changes to the font, such as making it bolder. If they do allow the option, most fonts work for me, if not, Charis SIL Modified, or Clear Sans are my fonts of choice.
I highly suggest you stop using Charis SIL Modified. It's now obsolete. I've made a newer version using a newer version of Charis SIL. I added more weight and kerning. Plus, it doesn't have hinting (not needed on eInk). The name of the new version is ChareInk. See the link below to the thread with the font attached.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=184056
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:05 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I font hop a lot. My current font is Isidora Alt

https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/latinotype/isidora

There's a free Light weight, which requires bolding for e-ink.
But you then no longer have all the other versions. Not worth it. Plus, the cost is $126. Way too expensive.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote