Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I open my Kobo Glo HD to see it updated to this. I never got OTA updates of the last two firmware but I got this one.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom, do you have the new screen or the old screen?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #17
pippo53
pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo ONE, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Mini
which affiliate?
pippo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo53 View Post
which affiliate?
I don't think it will matter that much. These last few updates have been going to everyone quickly. The difference will be at most a couple of days rather than the weeks for the earlier updates.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:56 PM   #19
lineager
lineager has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: SONY PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
I flashed this version via the KSM8's update kobo firmware function two days ago. It works fine until yesterday. I was reading a book and it suddenly quit the nickel and return to KSM UI. Then I cannot go back nickel again (just show the loading screen for a while and return back).

Please advise how to fix it~! Thx.
lineager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:46 PM   #20
hotshoal
hotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverhotshoal exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It's better if you add what mark is fore each link, the first one is mark 6.
THX for advices. Next time I‘ll be more careful.
In fact I pasted the full link which shows each mark the link belongs, but it seems the link was shorten automatically and lost all the mark information.
And as my first thread, still don't know how to edit it after I posted it.
orz
hotshoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #21
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshoal View Post
THX for advices. Next time I‘ll be more careful.
In fact I pasted the full link which shows each mark the link belongs, but it seems the link was shorten automatically and lost all the mark information.
And as my first thread, still don't know how to edit it after I posted it.
orz
If you look in the lower right corner of your messages, you'll see a button labelled edit to the left of the quote button. Click on that to edit the message.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #22
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineager View Post
I flashed this version via the KSM8's update kobo firmware function two days ago. It works fine until yesterday. I was reading a book and it suddenly quit the nickel and return to KSM UI. Then I cannot go back nickel again (just show the loading screen for a while and return back).

Please advise how to fix it~! Thx.
I am not sure, but maybe you should check the integrity your database. You can do this by selecting (in KSM) tools > nickel divers.msh > check_database.sh (or something like that, I do not have my device with me right now).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #23
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
The new firmware works fine on our H2O, Glo HD and Glo.
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #24
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
My affiliate is KoboIndigo, and until yesterday I was still on 4.2.X despite syncing a number of times. Then it updated to 4.3.8966 yesterday. But until I read the forum I didn't realize it was a newer firmware than the one I was expecting. :-D
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Blossom, do you have the new screen or the old screen?
I have the old screen. I've yet to see the new one on my reader. I really prefer the old one though.

I'm getting ready to patch. Geoff is awesome getting them out so quickly!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #26
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have the old screen. I've yet to see the new one on my reader. I really prefer the old one though.

I'm getting ready to patch. Geoff is awesome getting them out so quickly!
I have yet to see the new screen as well. Update came down during a sync I initiated.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #27
pmwt
Enthusiast
pmwt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo HD
Can someone confirm whether the reading stats issue is fixed or not? I am still at 3.19.5761 and will probably not update until that problem is fixed. Thanks.
pmwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:03 AM   #28
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't think it will matter that much. These last few updates have been going to everyone quickly. The difference will be at most a couple of days rather than the weeks for the earlier updates.
My Kobo Glo HD which I had set to affiliate Kobo was at 3.19.5761 got upgraded tonight to twice, I think to 4.3.8842 and then immediately to 4.3.8845, and after I changed the affiliate to KoboIndigo, it updated to 4.3.8966.

My other Kobo Glo HD, was sitting at 4.2.8432, with affiliate of RakutenBooks. I just change its affiliate setting to KoboIndigo, performed a manual sync, and it started upgrading, but has been sitting at 5 boxes for about an hour. It's possible that there's an issue with the 64GB memory card or the 21,000 ebooks on it.

Update: I gave up waiting, re-imaged my memory card, and changed my affiliate to KoboIndigo, and it updated it directly to 4.3.8966. Now I need to have Calibre reload my reader.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 03-18-2017 at 03:51 AM.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:30 AM   #29
Cesco
Connoisseur
Cesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipseCesco can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura 2-Aura H2O-K1-LibraH2O

Quote:
21,000 ebooks on it.
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #30
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmwt View Post
Can someone confirm whether the reading stats issue is fixed or not? I am still at 3.19.5761 and will probably not update until that problem is fixed. Thanks.
On my Aura 6", The reading stats do not appear to be fixed.

I started a book late yesterday - on the home screen it shows I am 11% complete, which is reasonable. On the Activity screen, it shows 0 hours, 0 average minutes, 13 page turns (I am on page 33) and 0 average page turns per minute. It shows I have read 4769 hours total, which is just shy of 200 days - on an e-reader that I have had for less then 2 years. I read about 1/2 to 1 hour a day, so that does not seem likely. It might be moving a decimal place.

Sorry for the bad news.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote