Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-16-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
BugDroid
BugDroid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
downgrade to 2.5.8

Hi

I received a Kindle DXG which is running on FW3.3
It wont connect to 3G and thus neither to amazon, I suppose due to the altered FW...
thats why I was thinking about going back to the official 2.5.8. Is there a easy way to do that?
BugDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDroid View Post
Hi

I received a Kindle DXG which is running on FW3.3
It wont connect to 3G and thus neither to amazon, I suppose due to the altered FW...
thats why I was thinking about going back to the official 2.5.8. Is there a easy way to do that?
Better solution is to side load. Then you won't lose KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2021, 05:51 PM   #3
BugDroid
BugDroid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Better solution is to side load. Then you won't lose KF8.
thats correct. but then Ill need a PC every time I get a new book. And I wont be able to browse for books on the kindle either.
BugDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:26 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugDroid View Post
thats correct. but then Ill need a PC every time I get a new book. And I wont be able to browse for books on the kindle either.
If you have a smartphone, you can browse Kindle eBooks that way. But you won't be able to download without a computer. But if you have enough eBooks on your Kindle, is it really a problem to wait until you are at the computer?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote