Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-01-2021, 10:38 PM   #31
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Single line text input is awaiting review for merging. This was an interesting puzzle to figure out.

It's time to get your last minute feature requests in now! I can't promise that any will be implemented, but I'll at least investigate to see if they are feasible.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:57 AM   #32
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I think I remembered what I wanted the single line text input for.

I want an alarm clock. Or a countdown timer. Or something like that.
I want to wake up at a specific time and display the time. But if I can input the time, I probably can figure out the rest.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #33
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Continuing from the FBInk thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Haven't looked into that to be honest.

There probably is a signal, I'll need to find it though.
Yes, N3PowerWorkflowManager has the following signals that could be listened to:
Code:
SIGNAL :: void aboutToSleep()
SIGNAL :: void resumingFromSleep()
SIGNAL :: void resumedFromSleep()
SIGNAL :: void aboutToPowerOff()
SIGNAL :: void aboutToReboot()
So I could probably add at least a few of these.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #34
Acorn
Connoisseur
Acorn is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3
Oh cool! So I'm right in thing that when the device goes to sleep it basically just displays the screensaver and turns off the frontlight and nothing actually gets stopped? If that's the case then I'm definitely going to want to make sure that wifi is turned off when that happens, so being able to listen for that signal with NickelDBus would be super useful!
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:21 PM   #35
sherman
Guru

I'm not entirely sure what happens when. I think I've seen somewhere that Nickel eventually goes into a suspend mode, but I don't know when that happens. Looking at the symbols though, there's definitely suspendas well as sleep, and suspend definitely looks a lot more complete.
Advert
Old 01-26-2021, 09:27 AM   #36
Acorn
Connoisseur

I guess the other option would be to listen for the button presses, but I don't seem to see any event in the input devices. Any idea what the situation is with that? Would be good to have access to the page turn buttons regardless..
Old 01-26-2021, 10:38 AM   #37
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nickel grabs event0 by default, there's a patch for that .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #38
Acorn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nickel grabs event0 by default, there's a patch for that .
I saw someone mention the existence of a patch when I was searching the forums, but I didn't have any luck finding said patch. Do you know where I might be able to find it?
Old 01-26-2021, 01:00 PM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It's part of the standard kobopatch bundles; it's a libnickel patch (specifically, this one).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #40
Acorn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
It's part of the standard kobopatch bundles; it's a libnickel patch (specifically, this one).
Awesome! I was looking at kobopatch, but couldn't see any mention of this patch. Think I understand kobopatch a bit better now. Impressive little project! So much tidier than the early days of kindle hacking
Old 11-05-2021, 11:40 PM   #41
sherman
Guru

NickelDBus 0.2.0 released

At long last, here's a new release of NickelDBus. This release is (mostly) all about more flexible dialogs.

New Features
  • Improved dialog system
    • It is now possible to create confirmation dialogs with exactly the elements you require, in addition to the existing dialog choices
    • Open dialogs can be modified with new title and body text
    • Open dialogs can include a progress bar, which can be modified
    • It's now possible to create a dialog that cannot be closed by the user
    • A single line text input dialog is available, with optional password masking
  • pwrSleep() method added. This addresses an oversight from the initial NDB release

It's a KoboRoot.tgz, so can be installed in the usual manner, no special care is required to upgrade.

The release can be found on GitHub.

Documentation has been updated. New functionality is indicated by the string "This function was introduced in NickelDBus 0.2.0

Please let me know if you have any issues.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #42
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
Just wondering that when I see something like the below in the API Documentation is it a work in progress to be officially released in the next version?

Code:
void NDBDbus::wmWifiEnabled(bool enabled) [signal]
(todo: figure this out)

Is wifi enabled ?
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 05:52 PM   #43
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
Just wondering that when I see something like the below in the API Documentation is it a work in progress to be officially released in the next version?

Code:
void NDBDbus::wmWifiEnabled(bool enabled) [signal]
(todo: figure this out)

Is wifi enabled ?
No, it's a I haven't investigated how this actually behaves comment, because Wifi, and I do all my dev over a Wifi connection.

The actual implementation is complete and won't change.

If you can confirm the signal does what it says on the tin, I'll update the documentation. Same as with all the other Wifi signals.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:04 PM   #44
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks, think I may need to use it.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:22 PM   #45
Rid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
No, it's a I haven't investigated how this actually behaves comment, because Wifi, and I do all my dev over a Wifi connection.
My original assumption was that it meant to send a signal when the Wifi was enabled or disabled. Anyway with my limited testing of this script (and miniscule knowledge of Kobo mods/script), I have noticed the below.

With wfmSetAirplaneMode removed from the script;
1. It does return a signal - if you enable or disable the Wifi from the icon on the screen.

With this script;
1. It does not seem to do anything = if you do not touch the screen.

2. It does return a signal = if you open the Wifi icon on the screen. The script can run for 30sec or 1min or 2min but when the Wifi icon is opened, about 10sec later it will return a signal.
3. It does return a signal = if you open something on the screen (about 10sec later). Open a book, My Books, Discover, synch etc are all I have tested. Opening NickelMenu 'menu' does not seem to have any affect.
4. It does return a signal = Access point is turned off - and you open the Wifi icon or Discover it will display "Searching for networks". Did not test this with other screen icons.

That's all I can think about to test, if you have anything specific you want tested let me know.

Also there might be something wrong with my script as it does not seem to timeout, have let it run for 10 minutes. Did let it run for 8 minutes and it displayed the "ERROR: timeout" message only after I opened a screen icon. If it let it run for 3min it displays the "Enabled Wifi" message. Am I doing something wrong, I have noticed this in another script I have done as well?

Code:
signal07=$(qndb -t 50000 -s wmWifiEnabled -t 40000 -m wfmSetAirplaneMode "enable")

if [ "$signal07" = "wmWifiEnabled true" ]; then

qndb -m dlgConfirmAccept "Wifi Timer 7" "Enabled Wifi" "OK"	
elif [ "$signal07" = "wmWifiEnabled false" ]; then

qndb -m dlgConfirmAccept "Wifi Timer 7" "Failed to enable Wifi" "OK"	
else
	qndb -m dlgConfirmAccept "Wifi Timer 7" "ERROR: timeout" "OK"
fi
I did also test with changing dlgConfirmAccept to mwcToast as the dlgConfirmAccept sometimes got pushed to the background or accidently closed on some screens.

Last edited by Rid; 06-30-2022 at 08:27 PM.

Tags
kobo, ldpreload, nickel