Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2021, 08:43 AM   #91
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem1980fr View Post
In ultimatemangareader.sh you have the line
Do we have to update to
Because in github we have in 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 the version qt-linux-5.15.2-kobo.
Thank you
That is probably a good idea
I will fix it for the next release.
Though it seems to be not necassary if the app starts anyway.
OfficerAction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 02:30 PM   #92
dem1980fr
Enthusiast
dem1980fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
That is probably a good idea
I will fix it for the next release.
Though it seems to be not necassary if the app starts anyway.
Ok thank you.

Someone could confirm me the working config file for Kobo Libra ?
The new version 2.5.0 now works when i press the touchscreen but the mapping is not good.
It seems that the touchscreen is 90 degres rotate from the screen.
If i tap the top left of the screen, it detects a press in the top right.

I try this tip but not seems to be ok :
Quote:
Change export
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=90:logical dpitarget=108
in .adds/UltimateMangaReader/ultimatemangareader.sh to export
QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=270:logica ldpitarget=108
This resolved the issue for me immediately.
EDIT : Ok, it is fine with :
Quote:
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=180:touchs creen_invert_x=0:touchscreen_invert_y=0:logicaldpi target=300

Last edited by dem1980fr; 01-20-2021 at 07:11 AM.
dem1980fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:20 PM   #93
OfficerAction
Connoisseur
OfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughingOfficerAction can shake the floor when laughing

Post BIG new release

I have just released version 2.6.0
It's a big one this time!

Added MangaPlus as manga source.
mangapanda.com is down so the MangaPanda source now refers to manga-panda.xyz.

Massive performance improvements. Image processing is now 2-3 times faster.
This is due to some code improvements and also as a result of linking to more recent libraries (mostly libjpeg-turbo) instead of the ancient ones included in Qt.
Fixed an issue with the settings dialog on older devices.
Some small bug fixes.

https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMangaReader/releases
Old 01-20-2021, 06:00 PM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not sure what changes were made but touch input now works on my Clara HD.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 03:52 AM   #95
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not sure what changes were made but touch input now works on my Clara HD.
Glad to hear that
The touch input code was modified in 2.5.0
Old 01-21-2021, 04:21 AM   #96
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem1980fr View Post
Ok thank you.

I try this tip but not seems to be ok :
export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=kobo:touchscreen_rotate=180:touchs creen_invert_x=0:touchscreen_invert_y=0:logicaldpi target=300
EDIT : Ok, it is fine with :
Actually there is no need to adjust the logicaldpi target. It will only change the layout and the size of the icons.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:03 AM   #97
nuetron
nuetron began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Some things to note for Libra H2O. The following code needs to be updated to launch in portrait mode. Without it, it defaults to landscape.

Quote:

echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate
The backlight does not work on the first launch. I need to close the app and relaunch it for the backlight to work.
nuetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 02:50 AM   #98
kiwilex
kiwilex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi OfficerAction,

Did you build libjpeg-turbo and rebuild qt with a dynamic link on libjpeg-turbo ? or Did you just replace libjpeg.so by your compiled libjpeg-turbo ?

I'm planning to update my fork.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
I have just released version 2.6.0
It's a big one this time!

Added MangaPlus as manga source.
mangapanda.com is down so the MangaPanda source now refers to manga-panda.xyz.

Massive performance improvements. Image processing is now 2-3 times faster.
This is due to some code improvements and also as a result of linking to more recent libraries (mostly libjpeg-turbo) instead of the ancient ones included in Qt.
Fixed an issue with the settings dialog on older devices.
Some small bug fixes.

kiwilex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 05:46 AM   #99
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilex View Post
Hi OfficerAction,

Did you build libjpeg-turbo and rebuild qt with a dynamic link on libjpeg-turbo ? or Did you just replace libjpeg.so by your compiled libjpeg-turbo ?

I'm planning to update my fork.

Thanks.
You have to rebuild it.
In the config I changed:
-qt-libjpeg -qt-zlib -qt-libpng -qt-freetype -qt-harfbuzz -qt-pcre
To:
-system-libjpeg -system-zlib -system-libpng -system-freetype -system-harfbuzz -system-pcre -no-fontconfig
And of course you have to cross compile the respective libs first.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:22 AM   #100
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I tried the last version on my kobo glo HD, but it does seem to work. The screen just freezes on the "couln't connect to wifi" message. Clicking "close" does color the button black, but nothing happens.
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:05 PM   #101
GroovyVariation
GroovyVariation began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuetron View Post
The backlight does not work on the first launch. I need to close the app and relaunch it for the backlight to work.
Backlight seems to work for me on my Libra H2O, but it can't use the full range of brightness? It's definitely on, but significantly more dim than using the stock software.
GroovyVariation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:33 PM   #102
GroovyVariation
GroovyVariation began at the beginning.

DELETED

Last edited by GroovyVariation; 01-24-2021 at 12:37 PM. Reason: I was wrong. Please delete.
GroovyVariation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 07:28 AM   #103
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovyVariation View Post
Backlight seems to work for me on my Libra H2O, but it can't use the full range of brightness? It's definitely on, but significantly more dim than using the stock software.
Maybe the ranges are not right for that device. I will take a look.
Old 01-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #104
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Post New release

Another new release has arrived!

Since the image manipulation methods provided by Qt are painfully slow, I decided to go low level and bypass them entierly.

The result is another big boost to performance

https://github.com/Rain92/UltimateMa...ases/tag/2.7.0
Old 02-02-2021, 10:14 AM   #105
OfficerAction
Connoisseur

Post New release

Another day, another release.
Probably the last one for a while though.

Improved performance for PNG image handing.
Improved performance by using an 8 bit framebuffer, instead of the 32-bit that is used as default.

Fixed a bug where downloads would no longer work after they were canceled once.
Fixed a bug where lists would always jump to the top.