Notices

Old 01-11-2021, 03:22 AM   #1
njpig
Connoisseur
njpig began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite3/Oasis2
Left/right margin of ibook on iphone

Hello,

The left/right margin of ibook is too large for me.

Is there a way to modify epub books in order to adjust the width of left/right margin of ibook on iphone?

Thanks.
njpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 05:20 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only way to shrink the L/R margins is to use a different program to read ePub. Apple thinks that overly wide margins are a good thing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 09:08 PM   #3
njpig
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only way to shrink the L/R margins is to use a different program to read ePub. Apple thinks that overly wide margins are a good thing.
Thanks for the information.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:13 AM   #4
njpig
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have recommendation for reading ePub on iphone?
Old 01-12-2021, 05:39 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Apple Books is convenient for me, it works, and Apple isn’t going to pull the plug on it. It syncs third-party content between devices (via iCloud). It has great Accessibility support (my interest in that is mostly Speak Screen support).

The problem I have with third party apps is they are generally the product of one person and inevitably they get abandoned as that person needs to move on to other things to make a living.

But of these MapleRead seems to be the one to go with right now, at least it is still getting regular updates (unlike previous favorites like Marvin and KyBook). It supports iPadOS split view, and side-by-side with that (though via having 2 separate apps, as Marvin has done). I would prefer MDI implementation (as many viewers as you like in split view with itself or other apps) but for some reason developers have been slow to implement this feature (even Apple Books doesn’t support this). It also has calibre/OPDS support. I have yet to try it, but there’s an active thread about it here.

If you need Adobe DRM compatibility, maybe BlueReader will work for you. I used to like Bookari, but it doesn’t even launch any more and it hasn’t been updated for 2-3 years. The developers seem to have given up on it.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 03:03 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I still use Hyphen reader. There hasn’t been much activity in terms of development, but all I want to do is read books with a minimum of fuss. All parameters are able to be changed, margins, colours etc. It suits me. I read on a couple of iOS devices so sync is important to me, and Hyphen does the job over icloud.

http://hyphenreader.com/
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote