Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #16
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One LE
Thank you. And ... I am trying to uninstall by putting an empty file named dfh_uninstall in the root folder of the kobo drive as exported to Windows via USB. But nothing happens. Even after a reboot, the dfh_uninstall file is still there. I assume the uninstall procedure removes this marker file as well.
gogu1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:21 AM   #17
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogu1904 View Post
Thank you. And ... I am trying to uninstall by putting an empty file named dfh_uninstall in the root folder of the kobo drive as exported to Windows via USB. But nothing happens. Even after a reboot, the dfh_uninstall file is still there. I assume the uninstall procedure removes this marker file as well.
As you noticed in your PM to me, it's kdh_uninstall for kobo-dotfile-hack-ng.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 07:11 AM   #18
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
P.S. kobo-dotfile-hack still works well if people encounter issues with the config file (use the new -ng one in my kobo-mods GitHub repository instead since it's a bit more future-proof).
Hi, can someone pls explain to me like I'm a 14 year old how I install kobo-dotfile-hack-ng?

I do have a fair bit of experience with PC, Tablets, iPads and so on (Jailbreaking, rooting etc) and I managed to install the Koreader+Plato package, but I don't know how to install that without further instructions.

Do I have to put something in .kobo folder, like I did with the above Koreader/Plato package?

My key problem is that Kobo has added a bunch of irrelevant files to my library after I installed Koreader+Plato

__________________________________________________ ____
Extra info:
Would adding a ".nomedia" file to certain folders help?
Anyway I'm after the most bug-free, long-term solution.

I read that I could have avoided the problem by using the 'install script' to install Koreader+Plato. I just tried REINSTALLING using it but I'm not sure yet if it's done anything. The window that opened just disappeared. If I need to uninstall first, how?)

Ultimately all I really wanted to do was be able to directly browse and download ebooks from my PC or the cloud, with as useful/information-rich an interface as possible, because my Kobo Libra H20 is full!
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #19
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Also, how do I then get rid of all the non-ebook files that are now already in the library ?
(Ideally without having to delete and reload everything)
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:27 AM   #20
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Missing items in menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticchrys View Post
I love your idea here, and found it pretty helpful. However, there are some errors, like saying "file" for folder and "left" click for "right" click. I've created an updated version to keep in my own notes, so here it is, in case it might help anyone else.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Could you explain more about how to config the doc file? I have installed Nickel but the menus (in other places like My Books...) look different from the screenshots in @geek1011 post here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...31&postcount=1.
To be more precise, items like FPT, screenshot, web browser, USB connection... are missing.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote