Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #31
Grahamk
Grahamk doesn't litterGrahamk doesn't litter

Device: Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormaca View Post
Plugging Kobo into iPad Pro does work and you can copy and paste drm-free and drm-protected epubs to the device. Copying them into the top directory seems to work fine, though digital editions on Mac creates a Digital Editions folder. Only issue is that iPad OS cannot safely eject devices. So second time I tried this I did what I did before: left Files app running for a few minutes after transfer, force closed the app, then unplugged. This time however the Kobo was frozen on USB connect screen. Apple needs to introduce a way to kick the Kobo or whatever device into its own disconnected state and then this would work really smoothly. Have given up plugging it in because Kobo required a factory restore.
I had the same problem with my IPad Pro. Had to factory reset my Kobo Aura One after I tried to transfer epubs to it. I have a USB c hub, but haven’t tried using it for transfers. Wondering if that would work?
Grahamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 07:44 AM   #32
cormaca
cormaca began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamk View Post
I had the same problem with my IPad Pro. Had to factory reset my Kobo Aura One after I tried to transfer epubs to it. I have a USB c hub, but haven’t tried using it for transfers. Wondering if that would work?
May do, but not sure if a hub would offer a different result or rather eliminate risk any more than a usb-c to micro USB adapter.
cormaca is offline   Reply With Quote