Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-19-2021, 12:41 AM   #1
Stremon
Stremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo glo
Good solution to get grey background with the default Neo Reader (and other apps too)

So I found a very simple way to make the BG of any app grey for night reading, I wanted to share it if anyone needs.
You just need to install an app like twilight, that is supposed to reduce the blue light and reduce the brightness of normal lcd screen.
Even if it's not made for e-ink screens, it works surprisingly well to make any white BG grey.
Stremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #2
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
No. I do not agree. It doesn't work as suggested. Everything is greyed out. Not just the background.
Remember to disable Twilight before uninstalling, because the system doesn't wholly reset upon uninstall.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:54 PM   #3
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Everything is greyed out. Not just the background.
I uninstalled twilight as well. I was getting really bad ghosting on the pages, no matter what value I set.

Good idea, though. And it certainly could have been me not working it right.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #4
Stremon
Stremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a TexanStremon might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
No. I do not agree. It doesn't work as suggested. Everything is greyed out. Not just the background.
Remember to disable Twilight before uninstalling, because the system doesn't wholly reset upon uninstall.
Does not work as suggested? The screen greyed out is exactly what I suggested, nothing more
It won't magically make only some parts grey, what did you expect here?
When I said to make the BG grey, like the title of my post clearly mentioned, I was talking about Neo Reader, and specifically text books, with white BG + black text, and with this app become grey BG + black text (you CAN'T grey out black with this app).

I should have mentioned, but it does NOT work well with comics or manga, but I thought that was too obvious to mention.

Now if you have a better solution to have a grey BG while using the native reading app, tell us. I'm listening.

And I don't get more ghosting with it than with other ereader that have a grey background mode, like moonreader+.
Having a little bit more ghosting with a more greyish image is normal tho, whatever the app/screen mode is.
Stremon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #5
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stremon View Post
Having a little bit more ghosting with a more greyish image is normal tho, whatever the app/screen mode is.
This wasn't a little bit, though. It was quite pronounced. Refreshing the page didn't clean it up.

Removing the app removed that problem.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 06:00 PM   #6
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
This is a great idea, shame it doesn't invert the screen. I resorted to using KOReader. Maybe if enough of us ask for it in Onyx feedback!?
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote