Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #46
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Thanks to GrannyGrump. This has "One" again (instead of "A") and I've removed "a novel."

Old 05-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #47
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Word was the cover wasn't humorous enough so I did three new ones. Actually, two are re-dos. Any funnier?

Advert
Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
(Ex-Navy here. Not even close to ever being a Seal )

The tandem parachutists (2 covers) is SO WRONG (a civilian recreational thing)
A Seal would probably being dropped in with GEAR all over their person.

Those 2 covers JAR.
Oops ??

Maybe: 'Whose bright idea was this'
Old 05-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #49
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Those 2 covers JAR.
Oops ??

Yes, I couldn't help but notice that, too. It's a cute piece of clipart, no doubt, but...maybe if you put a seal-type figure/silhouette--an obvious combat-ready parachutists, and the two morons in their tandem rig, near him (or on a collision course with him?), that might work. But it's noticeably wrong, as is, if you're using the Seals or any SpecOps folks.

Hitch
Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM   #50
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Those 2 covers JAR.
Oops ??

Thanks ducks. I hear you about the dual jumpers. And the Oops-A-Navy is a pun for Oops-A-Daisy.
Advert
Old 05-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #51
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, I couldn't help but notice that, too. It's a cute piece of clipart, no doubt, but...maybe if you put a seal-type figure/silhouette--an obvious combat-ready parachutists, and the two morons in their tandem rig, near him (or on a collision course with him?), that might work. But it's noticeably wrong, as is, if you're using the Seals or any SpecOps folks.

Hitch
Thanks Hitch. I'm actually leaning toward using the Oops-A-Navy one. Friends are telling me nobody's going to be looking for a humorous novel called RESCUE or NAVY SEAL RESCUE. They just sound non-fiction.
Old 05-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #52
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks Hitch. I'm actually leaning toward using the Oops-A-Navy one. Friends are telling me nobody's going to be looking for a humorous novel called RESCUE or NAVY SEAL RESCUE. They just sound non-fiction.
Yes, I don't disagree that the naming is not working, as it was originally proposed. (Still not submitting to CoverCritics, eh?).

Hitch
Old 05-26-2018, 07:23 PM   #53
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm going to take the opportunity to ask if you can come up with a more alluring title? Not only is there a displeasing redundancy between the title and the series' name, it also strikes me as awfully pedestrian in itself. Ho-hum.
Quote:
Thanks issybird, but I'm committed to the title.
Quote:
I'm actually leaning toward using the Oops-A-Navy one. Friends are telling me nobody's going to be looking for a humorous novel called RESCUE or NAVY SEAL RESCUE. They just sound non-fiction.
Well, alrighty then. So much for commitment.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #54
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, I don't disagree that the naming is not working, as it was originally proposed. (Still not submitting to CoverCritics, eh?).

Hitch
So, you don't like "Oops-A-Navy" as a title? And I have to narrow things down before I submit to CoverCritics or could I submit all three?
Old 05-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #55
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Well, alrighty then. So much for commitment.
Mea culpa.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #56
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
So, you don't like "Oops-A-Navy" as a title? And I have to narrow things down before I submit to CoverCritics or could I submit all three?
No, my comment was, "as originally proposed," by which I meant, Navy Seal Rescue. The new one is fine, if you're going for screwball comedy.

You can submit it as is, as far as I know, and I don't think that Nathan's ever eschewed multi-cover submissions, but what's the worst that can happen? He says no?

Hitch
Closed Thread