Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
kenshi
kenshi began at the beginning.

Device: none
looking for a Kindle user to interview on TV

Hello.
My name is Kenshi Fukuhara, a TV Producer with Japanese public TV, NHK. http://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/ NHK is Japan's sole public broadcaster which produces educational TV documentaries.
We are now producing a news program on the trend and popularity of E-Books in the US, and I am looking for a Kindle User in Los Angeles / Orange County area to interview. If you would like to participate, please reply with the information about your daily usage of Kindle along with your contact information and availability for the interview for the next few weeks.
Thank you.

Kenshi Fukuhara
officefk@gmail.com
kenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've moved this to the Kindle forum, where you're most likely to get a good response.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Why does it have to be a Kindle?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
They picked me! Filming will take place at my house on October 7 or 8. More to come...
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
congratulations, Tom!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Don't forget the little people on your rise to the top!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #7
onnie
onnie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Global
This is a scam...
No producer at NHK will have a @gmail.com address.

Do not provide ANY personal information, it will be used for identity theft or worse.
onnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #8
kenshi
kenshi began at the beginning.

Device: none
This is NOT a scam.
I am a contracted producer working for NHK TV.
I am using my personal e-mail address and my real name.
Please don't alarm people with wrong assumption.
kenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #9
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnie View Post
This is a scam...
No producer at NHK will have a @gmail.com address.

Do not provide ANY personal information, it will be used for identity theft or worse.
I was also surprised at the gmail address so I did a search for 福原 (Fukuhara, personal last name) on NHK's site, and it didn't turn up a single hit. I would suggest that Tom asks for an e-mail from his office mail.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:54 AM   #10
Andy216
Andy216 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
I can't vouch for this guy, but I am a writer who does a lot of freelance.

I routinely take jobs for new clients where if you searched for my name, you would see no hits on their website. I couldn't send an e-mail from their office e-mail because I don't work for that company. Just contracted.

This sounds like a pretty standard freelance journalism interaction.
Andy216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:02 AM   #11
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He claimed to be a producer for NHK.
Not a freelance producer on assignment for NHK.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:42 AM   #12
RonF
Zealot
RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RonF has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300, K3 WiFi, K4 NT, PW2
Looks like he did a spot about full time RVing in the spring:
http://www.road-school.com/nhk.htm

Mentioned in this blog on 3/3:
http://www.damouth.org/Trip/66trip.shtml

A lot of media hits with his name on a Google Search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Kensh...f34ab5383c7ee9

I guess someone would spend a week with you with a film crew and equipment to steal your identity But, of course, one could setup a number of personal sites with info to lead one to believe anything with a Google search. But at first glance this seems harmless.
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #13
nubreader
Enthusiast
nubreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
looking good..
look forward on more updates

oh and grats!!
nubreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #14
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I called Kenshi and spoke with him last night. I was not concerned before and I'm even less concerned now. I'm usually pretty good at spotting scams and this didn't even hint at being one. I did my due diligence and I'm satisfied.

I'm more leery of people who appear on a board and with less than a dozen posts make damning accusations with nothing to back them up and do it in the way that onnie did by proclaiming it as fact without even offering it as a warning or their opinion. Much less credibility IMHO.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Very good!
Even if onnie may have been overly careful it doesn't hurt to do your "due diligence" and perhaps kenshi is LA based and it is just more of a hassle using NHK's mail servers. But when posting a request the way he did it would be good to provide some accreditation to prove that you are for real.