Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-18-2015, 05:49 AM   #196
anavin
Enthusiast
anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.anavin put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by palarran View Post
An italian user has noticed in Kobo Glo the page doesn't remain after turning off... And another user has noticed this on his Kobo Aura HD...
Has someone else noticed this problem?

Do this:
1) Turn on Kobo and open an ebook
2) Go ahead a few pages
3) Turn off, turn on and open the ebook: is the page the same?
Does this only happen when the paragraph is longer than one screen?

I did notice something like this before, but I thought this was due to the device only remembers the koboSpan id, so when the paragraph was too long, it went to the beginning of the koboSpan.
anavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:37 AM   #197
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anavin View Post
Does this only happen when the paragraph is longer than one screen?

I did notice something like this before, but I thought this was due to the device only remembers the koboSpan id, so when the paragraph was too long, it went to the beginning of the koboSpan.
The length of a paragraph has nothing to do with this bug nor the amount of pages you turn. I just tried it again going ahead 10 pages, then 20 pages, never was it only one long paragraph at the last page, and each time after turning the reader back on I was back to the original position 10 and 20 pages before where I left off.

Anacreon might be onto something where the database doesn't update until the book is closed, so a full power off doesn't save. Could this always have been normal? I never power off nor use kepubs, so it's something I'd sure never have noticed before.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:12 PM   #198
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
This thread is not giving me a lot of confidence in the new firmware. The last firmware update (3.15 I think?) introduced some serious bugs in the Aura, primarily the inability to disable "pinching" to adjust font size and erratic behavior when using the two finger swipe to adjust the internal lighting, so I rolled back to version 3.12.1 and waited for a patch that never came. Now we have this new firmware that frequently spontaneously reboots?

*sigh* Looks like I'll be sticking with 3.12.1 again.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #199
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
This thread is not giving me a lot of confidence in the new firmware. The last firmware update (3.15 I think?) introduced some serious bugs in the Aura, primarily the inability to disable "pinching" to adjust font size and erratic behavior when using the two finger swipe to adjust the internal lighting, so I rolled back to version 3.12.1 and waited for a patch that never came. Now we have this new firmware that frequently spontaneously reboots?

*sigh* Looks like I'll be sticking with 3.12.1 again.
It looks like those reboots are not spontaneous -but related to problematic files.

I have 3.17 on my Aura and not seeing any real issues. I disabled pinch to zoom, and i aint having problems.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #200
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
The length of a paragraph has nothing to do with this bug nor the amount of pages you turn. I just tried it again going ahead 10 pages, then 20 pages, never was it only one long paragraph at the last page, and each time after turning the reader back on I was back to the original position 10 and 20 pages before where I left off.

Anacreon might be onto something where the database doesn't update until the book is closed, so a full power off doesn't save. Could this always have been normal? I never power off nor use kepubs, so it's something I'd sure never have noticed before.
i use kepubs and power off all the time, i also disabled pinch to adjust font size, im using firmware 3.16.0 (no patches) sideloaded on my Aura 6" without any of these issues

best wishes koboy

Last edited by koboy; 08-18-2015 at 12:31 PM.
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:03 PM   #201
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
3.17.0 Rollout has stopped

Kobo have told me that the rollout of 3.17.0 has been stopped. They are currently fixing the rebooting problems with PDF files and should have an update out in the next few days. This will not be a "quiet" replacement of the 3.17.0 package but will have an updated version number.

Anyone who received 3.17.0 over WiFi should receive the update quickly when it is released. Those who manually installed it, will have to wait for the URL to be detected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:26 AM   #202
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cant fault that response. Quick, timely and to the point.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:47 AM   #203
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo have told me that the rollout of 3.17.0 has been stopped. They are currently fixing the rebooting problems with PDF files and should have an update out in the next few days. This will not be a "quiet" replacement of the 3.17.0 package but will have an updated version number.

Anyone who received 3.17.0 over WiFi should receive the update quickly when it is released. Those who manually installed it, will have to wait for the URL to be detected.
Will 3.17.0 restore my empty collections?
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:49 AM   #204
Desdinova
Eternal light

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Will 3.17.0 restore my empty collections?
Were they calibre created or on device? Did you ever backup your device database?

Last edited by Desdinova; 08-19-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:54 PM   #205
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
removing my post

Last edited by bonnerable; 08-23-2015 at 11:57 PM. Reason: removing my post
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote