Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2021, 07:22 PM   #106
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you want
Code:
; Localization (translate Month and Day names)
;
;; Set day names, Lundi -> Dimanche (7 words)
;; Use {day} in the format string to use this.
;
days=Lun Mar Mer Jeu Ven Sam Dim
;
;; Set month names, Janvier -> Decembre (12 words)
;; Use {month} in the format string to use this.
;
months=Jan Fev Mar Avr Mai Jui Juil Aou Sep Oct Nov Dec
;
also you need to change the %a and %b in the format entry to {day} and {month} so NOT
Code:
format=%a %b %d %H:%M
BUT
Code:
format={day} {month} %d %H:%M

Last edited by PeterT; 11-08-2021 at 07:29 PM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 07:53 PM   #107
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

As for 1, technically, yes, but most of it is already built in KOReader, so it's just killed on startup to avoid bad interactions.

so if i install koreader with installed nanoclock, nanoclock is automatically disabled when Koreader is launched?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2021, 06:30 PM   #108
zielin
zielin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think you want
Code:
;
;; Set day names, Lundi -> Dimanche (7 words)
;
days=Lun Mar Mer Jeu Ven Sam Dim
;
;; Set month names, Janvier -> Decembre (12 words)
;
months=Jan Fev Mar Avr Mai Jui Juil Aou Sep Oct Nov Dec
;
also you need to change the %a and %b in the format entry to {day} and {month} so NOT
Code:
format=%a %b %d %H:%M
BUT
Code:
format={day} {month} %d %H:%M
Hi PeterT,

I tried what you advised me and it works now!

Thank you very much for your help .

After reflection your logic was the good, my lack of coding knowledge had passed me next to this solution.
zielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #109
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
so if i install koreader with installed nanoclock, nanoclock is automatically disabled when Koreader is launched?
Yep, and restarted on exit.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 01:05 AM   #110
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can anybody help me what i need to change (and what values i should put) if i want the clock to be in the position provided in the attached image?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	time kobo nanoclock.png
Views:	354
Size:	415.4 KB
ID:	190363  
Advert
Old 11-26-2021, 06:16 AM   #111
apgimenez
apgimenez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Can anybody help me what i need to change (and what values i should put) if i want the clock to be in the position provided in the attached image?

Thanks
column=-12
row=0
apgimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 11:35 PM   #112
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by apgimenez View Post
column=-12
row=0
Thank you but it does not seem to work or I maybe not doing the correct thing to do.

Anyway, here is my configuration settings. I am using helvetica font and the current setting i have is the clock, and batt% is at the left side top portion of the screen. I want it to be on the right side, on top of the magnifying glass icon when in the homescreen. Thank you

Code:
; -------------------------------------------------------------------
;   NanoClock config file.
;   Canonical location: .adds/nanoclock/nanoclock.ini
; -------------------------------------------------------------------

[global]
;
; To uninstall, set to true
;
uninstall=false

;
; To temporarily stop displaying the clock, set to true
;
stop=false

;
; To debug, set to true
;; NOTE: Everything is sent to the syslog, to look specifically for nanoclock entries, run
;;       logread | grep '\(nanoclock\|nanoclock\.sh\)\[[[:digit:]]\+\]'
;; NOTE: Alternatively, you can find a NickelMenu config that will dump it in .adds/nanoclock/nanoclock.log
;;       over here: https://github.com/NiLuJe/NanoClock/blob/master/config/nm_nanoclock
;
debug=false

;
; If this is enabled, the current log will be dumped to .adds/nanoclock/nanoclock.log
; every time this config file is reloaded.
; This is a poor man's hack to get at the logs when you truly have no other way...
;
dump_log=false

[display]
;
; Date format string (see 'man strftime', e.g., <https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/strftime.3.html>)
;
;; In addition may also use {month}, {day}, {battery}.
;; (Look for battery and locale settings further below).
;
format={frontlight}  %H:%M  {battery}

;
; In addition to the usual "as necessary" refreshes,
; also refresh the clock automatically, every minute, on the dot.
; Set to false to disable.
;;
;; NOTE: If the device is not connected to a power source, and Wi-Fi is currently down,
;;       the device will be put into standby after roughly 5s of inactivity.
;;       That's essentially a suspend to RAM, but with the lights on.
;;       On those devices, this means that, despite this setting, your clock will "freeze" very soon after a page turn.
;;       Until the next sign of user activity (e.g., a touch or button press),
;;       at which point the device wakes up and everything resumes.
;;
;
autorefresh=true

;
; Where to print the clock
;

;
; With one of the embedded bitmap fonts:
;
column=0
row=0
;; ^NOTE: Can be negative (f.g., row -1 is the last line of the screen (bottom), column -1 is the last column on the screen (right)).
offset_x=0
offset_y=0
;; ^NOTE: These do *NOT* override row/column, they *fine-tune* them. Offsets can be negative, but will not wrap around edges.
;;       f.g., if you only print a %H:%M timestamp, that's 5 characters, so, the bottom-right corner of the screen would be:
;;       column=-5
;;       row=-1
;;       You can then adjust that a bit, by, say, moving it 10 pixels higher:
;;       offset_y=-10
;;  NOTE: While column/row won't, offset_x/offset_y *can* push content off-screen!

;
; Font:  (IBM, UNSCII, ALT, THIN, FANTASY, MCR, TALL, BLOCK,
;         LEGGIE, VEGGIE, KATES, FKP, CTRLD, ORP, ORPB, ORPI,
;         SCIENTIFICA, SCIENTIFICAB, SCIENTIFICAI, TERMINUS,
;         TERMINUSB, FATTY, SPLEEN, TEWI, TEWIB, TOPAZ,
;         MICROKNIGHT, VGA, COZETTE)
;
truetype=Helvetica.ttf

;
; Font Size:
; NOTE: This is an integer multiplier of the native cell size of the font. (0 means choose a sensible default based on DPI, ranging from 2 to 4).
;
size=0

;
; Color: (BLACK GRAY{1-9A-E} WHITE)
;
fg_color=BLACK
bg_color=WHITE
;

;
; With your own vector (TrueType, OpenType) fonts:
;
;; For fonts inside the same folder as your NanoClock configuration:
;;     truetype=yourfont.ttf
;
;; For fonts stored elsewhere in the filesystem:
;;     truetype=/mnt/onboard/fonts/something.ttf
;
;; Only set these if you use *italic*, **bold**, ***bold italic*** in your format string:
;;
;;     truetype_format=*%a* **%b** ***%d*** %H:%M
;;     truetype_bold=yourfont-bold.ttf
;;     truetype_italic=yourfont-italic.ttf
;;     truetype_bolditalic=yourfont-bolditalic.ttf
;
;; Technically, this can also be used for completely different font styles,
;; instead of italic or bold variants of the same font.
;
;; NOTE: Will fall back to regular mode when font file is unavailable.
;;       (e.g. while the device is connected to USB)
;
truetype_size=6.0
truetype_px=0
;; ^NOTE: size is in pt, px is in pixels. If set to non-zero, px takes precedence.
;;        In case you ever need to do the maths yourself, px = dpi / 72.0 * pt
truetype_x=18
truetype_y=15
;; ^NOTE: Much like above, these can be negative, in which case they count backwards from the opposite edge (like column/row).
;;        f.g., a rough match to the column/row example above might be:
;;        truetype_x=-115
;;        truetype_y=-44
;;
;; NOTE:  If you want to position your clock near the bottom or right edge,
;;        using negative values is the only sensible way to have it actually work in both Portrait and Landscape orientations,
;;        whether you're using a vector or a bitmap font.
;;
truetype_fg=BLACK
truetype_bg=WHITE

;
; TrueType padding
;
;; TrueType padding helps prevent visual fragments to appear,
;; in the extremely rare instance of multiple clock updates on the same page,
;; but it comes at the cost of adding extra whitespace.
;; Set to true to enable.
;; NOTE: If you still have this enabled, and you're seeing weird layout issues on the first update after a truetype switch,
;;       try disabling it.
;; NOTE: This setting is mostly meaningless if backgroundless or overlay are enabled, but it is still honored,
;;       as it might help the autorefresh magic behave seamlessly ;).
;
truetype_padding=false

;
; Misc display tweaks (regardless of the font type)
;
;; Don't render background pixels *at all* (i.e., no background "box").
backgroundless=false
;; Ignores the specified foreground color, and instead use the inverse of what's on the screen.
;; (f.g., if a pixel replaces a white pixel, it'll be painted black).
;; Like with backgroundless, background pixels won't be rendered. Takes precedence over backgroundless.
overlay=false
;; ^NOTE: If autorefresh is enabled, magic will happen to make these two behave without visual glitches ;).
;; ^NOTE: On devices with a sunxi SoC (e.g., Mk. 8), these two modes are unavailable, because of technical limitations.

;
; Battery percentage value (0-100)
;
;; Use {battery} in the format string.
;
;; Will only be used if the battery is between min max.
;; Default: only shown when battery level drops to 50% and under.
battery_min=0
battery_max=100
;
;; Allows tweaking how the placeholder is formatted.
;; %d will be replaced by the actual value
;; %% is a literal % sign
;; The default is to show nothing when hidden, and an unadorned percentage otherwise.
; When the battery is shown (i.e., within the configured threshold)
battery_shown_pattern=%d%%
; When the battery is hidden (i.e., outside the configured threshold)
battery_hidden_pattern=
;
; For example, if you want to display the battery between brackets as a prefix to your clock,
; but don't want those brackets to mess up your formatting when the battery is *NOT* shown:
; format={battery} %H:%M
; battery_shown_pattern=[%d%%]
; battery_hidden_pattern=
; (Note that in a config value, leading spaces will be ignored, but not *trailing* spaces,
;  so you may also use '{battery}%H:%M' for format and '[%d%%] ' for battery_shown_pattern).

;
;
;; Set day names, Monday -> Sunday (7 words)
;
;days=Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
;
;; Set month names, January -> December (12 words)
;
;months=Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
;

;
; Frontlight percentage value (0-100 or -1)
;
;; Use {frontlight} in the format string.
;; ^NOTE: It might take a couple pages to sync up on older devices (< Mk. 7). That's perfectly normal.
;
;; Allows tweaking how the placeholder is formatted.
;; c.f., the description for {battery} above for more details.
;; The default is to show an unadorned percentage.
frontlight_pattern=[%d]
Old 11-29-2021, 04:16 PM   #113
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Deobulakenyo: You failed to actually modify the relevant key=value entries in that snippet?

EDIT: Also, column/row are for the embedded bitmap fonts, you'll want to tweak truetype_w & truetype_y instead. For the top-right corner, an y value close to 0 and a small dip into the negatives on the x axis should do the trick (we can't give you a perfect answer, because that's not a monospaced font, so it's all pixels, and it'll vary depending on what's actually displayed and at which size).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-29-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #114
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
@Deobulakenyo: You failed to actually modify the relevant key=value entries in that snippet?

EDIT: Also, column/row are for the embedded bitmap fonts, you'll want to tweak truetype_w & truetype_y instead. For the top-right corner, an y value close to 0 and a small dip into the negatives on the x axis should do the trick (we can't give you a perfect answer, because that's not a monospaced font, so it's all pixels, and it'll vary depending on what's actually displayed and at which size).
Thank you very much. Now i understand. I was able to fix it using the following settings. I aligned the nanoclock with my header in the Y axis and with the edge of the book cover in the X axis using these configs:

Code:
truetype_size=6.0
truetype_px=0
;; ^NOTE: size is in pt, px is in pixels. If set to non-zero, px takes precedence.
;;        In case you ever need to do the maths yourself, px = dpi / 72.0 * pt
truetype_x=-220
truetype_y=22
Old 12-10-2021, 01:14 AM   #115
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Is this a bug?

Whenever i eject my device via Calibrer, nanoclock stops displaying.

Sometimes it comes back when rebooted/shut down then restarted; sometimes, it does not.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #116
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It should *always* come back after a full reboot, so I'd try to pin this down first .

(Otherwise, I would need debug logs to tell you what might be happening, but the likeliest culprit is a broken USBMS session).
Old 12-10-2021, 08:32 PM   #117
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
It should *always* come back after a full reboot, so I'd try to pin this down first .

(Otherwise, I would need debug logs to tell you what might be happening, but the likeliest culprit is a broken USBMS session).

It was okay in my Libra H2O. This only happens on my Libra 2. Full reboot does not always fix it.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #118
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Full reboot does not always fix it.
That would imply settings issues (or much weirder failure(s)).

In any case, can't say much without debug logs .
Old 12-14-2021, 02:03 AM   #119
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
That would imply settings issues (or much weirder failure(s)).

In any case, can't say much without debug logs .

Thanks. How do i get debug logs?

do not understand how to do this: run logread | grep '\(nanoclock\|nanoclock\.sh\)\[[[:digit:]]\+\]'
Old 12-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #120
TimeEffect
Connoisseur
TimeEffect began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
Can someone explain how to install this .zip on my Libra 2?

Do I just move the zip into the .kobo folder or do I have to extract it and do something
TimeEffect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock