Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #16
lamnguyen
lamnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white
I've been using CalibreSync https://calibresync.bitbucket.io/ recently, quite a decent replacement.
lamnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:28 PM   #17
Mookydookey
Mookydookey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I actually used calibresync for a bit but it got buggy and gave my computer problems. In the end i had to wipe my computer because it corrupted alot of data. Calibre companion although after the TAKEOVER hasnt been ideal for some, i still find it to be the best choice out there and it runs smoothly. 10$ aint so bad for me. Its like the cost of 3 happy meals for my kids (ferrets). Lol lmk if anyone finds a solution but until then call me vichy france because im content with this 10$ takeover.
Books good!
-mookydookey baby
Mookydookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2021, 04:29 AM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookydookey View Post
I actually used calibresync for a bit but it got buggy and gave my computer problems. In the end i had to wipe my computer because it corrupted alot of data. Calibre companion although after the TAKEOVER hasnt been ideal for some, i still find it to be the best choice out there and it runs smoothly. 10$ aint so bad for me. Its like the cost of 3 happy meals for my kids (ferrets). Lol lmk if anyone finds a solution but until then call me vichy france because im content with this 10$ takeover.
Books good!
-mookydookey baby
calibresync is an android app, with (read only) access to a folder of files you have stored in a cloud.
its not something you run on a computer , so its puzzling that it was able to remotely damage yours... you may want to rethink what actually corrupted your data..
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 09:05 AM   #19
Mookydookey
Mookydookey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well first of all i run symtech anti virus as well as have cold storage drives to protect my data. Wehn installing this application i failed to read the small print which bypasses my security structures in place and has allowed for caliber sync to make room for its files on my cloud drive by erasing my current ones. Also its dragging out my internet link and slowing connection which makes me think something fowl is at play. I mean you can watch professor gadget all you want but i dont need to to understand something is up here. And i tried contacting them but never got a response. Mookydookey waits for no one to steal his files like crash bandicoot on the final lap of rainbow road.
-mookydookey!
Mookydookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #20
lamnguyen
lamnguyen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookydookey View Post
Well first of all i run symtech anti virus as well as have cold storage drives to protect my data. Wehn installing this application i failed to read the small print which bypasses my security structures in place and has allowed for caliber sync to make room for its files on my cloud drive by erasing my current ones. Also its dragging out my internet link and slowing connection which makes me think something fowl is at play. I mean you can watch professor gadget all you want but i dont need to to understand something is up here. And i tried contacting them but never got a response. Mookydookey waits for no one to steal his files like crash bandicoot on the final lap of rainbow road.
-mookydookey!
As mentioned by @stumped, I'm not sure that you are using Calibre Sync that I have on my phone, the app is only on Android with readonly permission
lamnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert