Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #1
Pantyboy
Pantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
Calibre communication error

Hi there

I've started having problems with Calibre and my Kobo Touch (N905).

When I start Calibre, after it "communicates" with my ereader, I get this error.

Code:
calibre, version 2.40.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1696, in books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2601, in get_bookshelflist
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed
I've had to reset my Kobo to factory settings because I had problems with the latest firmware update.

I have tried formatting my SD card to reload my books; removed the SD card; tried another SD card.

Any ideas or is my Kobo for the scrapheap?

Regards

Pb
Pantyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:54 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That error means the database on the device has become corrupted. How, I don't know. Apart from not safely ejecting the device, I haven't found a consistent reason for this to happen.

Unless you have a backup of the database, the fix is to signout of the Kobo account on the device. The signout will remove the database and replace it with an empty one, restart the device and then take you through the setup. That includes signing into your Kobo account and then it will process all the sideloaded books.

If you have a backup of the database, restore that to the device, eject the device and restart it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Actually one consistent means to cause this was some of the user developed mods (not the patches) for Kobo, which interfered with the dismounting of the partition on the Kobo that stored the database and books.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
Pantyboy
Pantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterPantyboy can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
@davidfor. This worked perfectly. Signed out, signed in again, went through the startup and woo hoo!

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Pb
Pantyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, error communicating, kobo touch