Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 07:07 PM   #196
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:58 AM   #197
hank65
hank65 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hello,
My kobo is still working however i am not able to connect it to my computer. The computer doesn't recognize the ereader. Reset has been done by putting paperclip in the small hole next to usb port.
Removed sd card from ereader.
SD card not recognized by windows computer when installed in a sd card reader.
Is it possible to obtain a SD card's image for Glo HD.
Is it possible to send me the file.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by hank65; 12-02-2021 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:46 AM   #198
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. But...

It isn't likely to help. If the device is working other than connecting to the PC, then it is more likely to be a hardware issue with the USB socket, cable or the PC. Windows not recognizing the card properly is expected. Windows does not handle external media with multiple partitions properly.

You should probably try a factory reset before the image. The reset button is doesn't do this. It is basically just turning the device off and on. Use the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD. Or enable developer mode and do it from the Developer options screen.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:12 AM   #199
bcty01
bcty01 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One, Kobo Glo HD, Sony PRS300
Kobo Global HD

Hi, I got a totally bricked Kobo Glo HD here. The device will not turn on any more. Reset the device will results in flashing once white/dark on the screen and nothing further happens. Measured the battery, but it seems to be ok (3.7 volts), so I think the SD-card is defective.

Could you help me out with an image for the device?

Thank you so much!

(I don't know if PM is already enabled. I've searched for that in my profile, but I only found in the "Messaging and Notifications-part" something like receiving messages from visitors....I asked for PM in the subthread noticed here, if it's still not enabled.)
Old 12-05-2021, 08:22 AM   #200
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@bctyl01: No, Private Messaging is not enabled. It should be in the "Edit Options" of the control panel above "Visitor Messaging". To get it enabled, either post in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #201
bcty01

I'll wait for enabling PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@bctyl01: No, Private Messaging is not enabled. It should be in the "Edit Options" of the control panel above "Visitor Messaging". To get it enabled, either post in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled.
Thanks, davidfor.

I'll already posted en request for enabling PM in the subthread you mentioned. I'll wait for enabling PM. I will reply here when it's enabled.
Old 12-05-2021, 10:17 AM   #202
flydroid
flydroid began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi Davidfor,

I'm also in need for the kobo glo hd image.
The device semes to be dead - nothing on the screen only the red LED.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #203
bcty01

PM is enabled now.

Quote:
PM is now enabled, davidfor.

Thanks in advance for the reply with image for the Kobo Glo HD.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:56 PM   #204
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@bcty01, @flydroid: PM sent.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:50 PM   #205
SoyJotape
Geek from Chile
SoyJotape began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi! Can i get the IMG file for my Reader? :c
Old 12-07-2021, 08:21 PM   #206
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #207
bcty01

Quote:
@bcty01, @flydroid: PM sent.
Just downloaded the file. Lets see if that solves the problem! Thanks, davidfor.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:21 AM   #208
Michel99
Michel99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Hi @ll.

I recently bricked my Kobo Glo; it just hung up during stand by and wont reactivate. I tried a few things and it seems i could broke it down to a crashed SD Card.

Could you pls send me an image Kobo Glo HD SD?

Thx!
Old 01-09-2022, 09:01 AM   #209
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:48 AM   #210
bcty01

It's been a while when I requested for the image for the Glo HD.

I tried to write the image with Rufus (freeware), but that was not a good idea. Writing the image to SD ended in a totally dead Glo HD. Updated Rufus to the latest version, tried new micro-SD, nothing helped: the Glo HD stayed a "brick". Mayby I don't understand how Rufus writes images, but all look fine (no errors or whatever).

At last I used USB Image Tool (freeware) to write the image to SD and the Glo HD is back to life again.

It appears to me Rufus does not write the image correctly. Maybe this will help others. Thanks again davidfor.
Closed Thread