Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 06:29 AM   #1
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3, Voyage
Any way to make both buttons do forward page?

Is there any way or hack to do this? When I'm reading in bed I frequently rotate the device, and find it very annoying to have to keep changing the button settings. It would be very convenient to have an option to make both buttons do "next page".
judith009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #2
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Yes. There is patch for that in the developers corner. I actually use that particular patch among others.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
judith009
Groupie
judith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it isjudith009 knows what time it is

Thanks. I looked hard through that section, but didn't see anything. Could someone please provide a link?
Old 11-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #4
jesson345
Enthusiast
jesson345 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
831 line of libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml,you can find:

Both page turn buttons go next:
- Enabled: no

Modifie NO into YES.
jesson345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:28 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by judith009 View Post
Is there any way or hack to do this? When I'm reading in bed I frequently rotate the device, and find it very annoying to have to keep changing the button settings. It would be very convenient to have an option to make both buttons do "next page".
Odd. When my Forma or Sage rotate between the two portrait states, the buttons switch so the bottom button (below my thumb) is always forward and the top button (above my thumb) is back whether I am using my right or left hand to hold the device.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:40 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Odd. When my Forma or Sage rotate between the two portrait states, the buttons switch so the bottom button (below my thumb) is always forward and the top button (above my thumb) is back whether I am using my right or left hand to hold the device.
I thought that's how it works too, but I don't have a Libra, Forma or Sage.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:12 AM   #7
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Yes that is how it works, if top is next page right handed, when reversed (lefthanded) the other button will be the next page
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:03 AM   #8
judith009
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesson345 View Post
831 line of libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml,you can find:

Both page turn buttons go next:
- Enabled: no

Modifie NO into YES.
Thanks!
Old 12-01-2021, 02:06 AM   #9
judith009
Groupie

Quote:
Yes. I'm just always moving my hands to different positions, and many times the "other" button (whichever it may be) happens to be more convenient.

In general I don't like the positions of the buttons. I think they should be further away from the center, and I've seen that other people have the same opinion. Also it feels heavy and off balance to me. It was a lot easier for me to hold my old H2O.