Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2021, 06:29 PM   #1
JollyRoger
Zealot
JollyRoger is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Chinese characters in each file.

In every .mobi file I have in my library, the 'type' of file is displayed as: MOBI 文件 (.mobi)
I've never used Chinese characters on my PC so I am not sure where these have drifted in from. Does anyone know and more importantly, how can I change them all simply to Mobi?
JollyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:33 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Where exactly do you see this?
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:00 AM   #3
JollyRoger
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Where exactly do you see this?
In Explorer if I open the author folder that holds the files for the ebooks
Old 11-26-2021, 10:33 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Most likely is that you have installed some program from a Chinese source that registered itself as a handler for MOBI files.

It would probably take some registry hacking to fix it. I don’t know the details of how to do that. Perhaps someone else will have another idea.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:16 AM   #5
JollyRoger
Zealot

Very good call! I went into the registry and found 4 instances of the same characters so got rid of them Thanks!