Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-20-2021, 05:00 AM   #1
dtc87
dtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Can Koreader display text layer from PDF as if it was an epub?

Hi everyone,

I have previously used Moon+ reader on Android.

When reading a PDF which has scanned text included in it (not sure what terminology is here, but I mean the kind of PDF which, on a computer, you could copy and paste plain text from), that app allows you to simply display the scanned text, as if it was an epub, rather than displaying an image of the PDF. Formatting can sometimes go weird, but it works OK.

Can Koreader do this? I don't want to OCR a PDF on the fly, I just want to display the layer of scanned text embedded in the file so I can read a PDF on a small screen ereader. I've been trying to research this and can't work it out.

The reason i'm looking into Koreader is because I've ordered a Kobo Clara HD, and have now got the impression that the Kobo does not have the above functionality natively, so I'm trying to work out how to make it happen on this device. If I'm wrong and the Kobo can actually do this, I'm worrying about nothing.

Thanks!
David
dtc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Reflow mode should be doing something roughly similar, but it's probably as iffy as your previous experiences .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
dtc87
dtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texandtc87 might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle Fire HD
ah great, thanks - the info i've managed to find about 'reflow mode' seemed to suggest it was a way of displaying the normal PDF image differently - e.g., automatically zooming into a colun of a 2-column document.

so it will display the plain text, in the same way epub text is displayed, if that is available (with all the normal options to adjust font size, etc)?
dtc87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, pdf