Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Text formatting issues when creating IDs/hyperlinking text

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a quick fix to an issue I have been having with formatting text.

I am hyperlinking notes in the body text [1], [2] etc. with an extended notes section at the end of each chapter. A lot of these notes contain italic text that I have already formatted, but when I insert an ID anchor to create a link target any formatting that I previously input is overwritten.

The solution is obviously to format afterwards, but I have already gone through the whole document and entered the italic sections, so I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem and found a way to circumvent it.

Cheers,
Rosa
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It seems to be any kind of formatting action that does this. I will come along after and format a paragraph as a quote and it wipes out the superscript and italic.

Given the current stop in development of Sigil, it may be something we will have to live with.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
It might help if we could see the offending HTML for the offending text. It's possible that Sigil has generated two nested classes and the later one is masking the one that creates the italics. If this is so then it may be a simple as adding an "! important" rule in the css file for the one that should apply the italics.

You could examine what is going on by using the "preview" feature of Sigil to show what rules are being obeyed and which are being ignored.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, formatting, italic, link target, text