Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
acheng
acheng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Changed title, but other metadata is lost.

I recently got some new ebooks, including some series.
Using calibre, I added the author's initials and series number before the title, so I can read them in order. When I see the books in Windows explorer, the new title is there. When I first added books in calibre, I lost the new title. I learned how to find the new title, but now I've lost the covers!
Any ideas on having my cake and eating it, too???
acheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
I recently got some new ebooks, including some series.
Using calibre, I added the author's initials and series number before the title, so I can read them in order. When I see the books in Windows explorer, the new title is there. When I first added books in calibre, I lost the new title. I learned how to find the new title, but now I've lost the covers!
Any ideas on having my cake and eating it, too???
You don't need to use Explorer. In fact you should NOT be in the Library folder.

If you populate the columns (metadata) correctly, using Sorts and Tags will locate almost everything.
'V' allow viewing (reading) with Calibres viewer.
Send to Device takes care of most of that.
Save to disk exports in those other cases.
Click Help: view the tutorial video, maybe read the FAQ

Since the 'Open With' plugin, I almost never enter the Guru territory (the book folders) from the OS level.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
acheng
acheng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm just looking at W. Ex., not using the Libraries, to see that the data was successfully updated.
I'd like to copy my calibre library to another computer, but want the titles seen my way.
If I update the series data, will that info be copied to the new computer?
acheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheng View Post
I'm just looking at W. Ex., not using the Libraries, to see that the data was successfully updated.
I'd like to copy my calibre library to another computer, but want the titles seen my way.
If I update the series data, will that info be copied to the new computer?
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id43

Simple, no need to jump through hoops

Get your metadata Ducks all in a row first, then make the copy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote