Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #901
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You might be able to "rename" them by modifying the constants pool of the class file, and correctly "linking" the variables there. If you're lucky, there is some deobfuscator out there which can do that, but I don't remember seeing one. If you do find one, then I'm very interested in it, because yes, it's a PITA to read such code.
Some work in this field was posted earlier in this thread.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #902
dung.saga
dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I've just updated https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...on.27s_classes
to put links to javat (written by member wl.) and JD-GUI (http://java.decompiler.free.fr/)
dung.saga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #903
dung.saga
dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.dung.saga can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Red face tried & failed

In order to control zooming ratio while reading PDF, I tried to patch here and there. So far all of them failed . At least I learned something about JVM bytecode and Java class file .

Using ht under Linux, I was trying to change op-codes directly in Java class file (ht can (dis)assemble bytecode of a Java class).

test #1:
I patched function mousePressed(MouseEvent a)
in zb.class in ReaderSDK-impl.jar

change "40" into "20" (2 occurrences)

Code:
public class ContentPanel extends ReaderUIContext
{
  public void mousePressed(MouseEvent a)
  {
    //...
    int x = a.getX(); 
    int y = a.getY();
    switch (a.getButton())
    {
      case 1: //first finger
      case 2: //second finger
      case 8: //this.E += 40; this.doZoom(...);
      case 7: //this.E -= 40; this.doZoom(...);
      case 9:
      //case 3,4,5,6: //do nothing
    }
    //...
  }
}
result: no visible change!

test #2:
I patched function D(int a, int a, boolean a, boolean a, boolean a, boolean a)
in zb.class in ReaderSDK-impl.jar

change 99 (ifeq) into 9a (ifne)
"if(arg4)" become "if(!arg4)"

Code:
if(arg4) {
//*  84  155:iload           4
//*  85  157:ifeq            188
  if(arg5) {
  //*  86  160:iload           5
  //*  87  162:ifeq            178
    j++;
  } else {
    j--;
  }
}
result: cannot zoom in/out with pinch/stretch gesture anymore.

test #3:
in the same function as the last test

change "j++" into "j += 0.5"
change "j--" into "j -= 0.5"

result: no book listed in home screen!

test #4:
in the same function as the last test

change "j++" into "j += 2"
change "j--" into "j -= 2"

result: no book listed in home screen!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #904
dung.saga

Wink

The best think is that: accidentally I found out that Kindle Touch support zoom-to-column mode (by double tap), so I can read small paragraph without having to modify PDF files or converting them to another format.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #905
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl. View Post
Here, (Windows, VS2010 if u want to compile by urself) the simple tool, which do some "cleanup" for amazon .class-files. What is it do:
1) remove local variable names, no more void func(int a, string a, char a) { a = a[a];}
2) rename one-letter class fields, to avoid mess in field names with base classes.

how to use. unzip amazon jar-files in folder with program and run it.
after it done, decompile classes with favorite decompiler.

mostly useful for 5.0.0 KT firmware

i hope, it will be usefull for anyone.
p.s. don't look at sources, it's pretty bad, i want to get fast result
call me paranoid. think of this as "a backup" Cheers for your work
Attached Files
File Type: zip javat.zip (99.7 KB, 316 views)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #906
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
Hi, ixtab

I found a bug in JBpatch 2.41. In prograssBar default menu which enter from home menu, there is not Chapter option. So when you reboot kindle, Chapter option which you select in reader will change to Prograss.
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #907
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by szfisher View Post
Hi, ixtab

I found a bug in JBpatch 2.41. In prograssBar default menu which enter from home menu, there is not Chapter option. So when you reboot kindle, Chapter option which you select in reader will change to Prograss.
This is on purpose. Not all books have chapters...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #908
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Would it be hard to intercept the "move to next/previous chapter" gesture and change it to "move to next/prev highlighted text/bookmark/note" or integrate it (move to next/prev chapter/highlight/bookmark/note whichever comes first)?
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #909
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Would it be hard to intercept the "move to next/previous chapter" gesture and change it to "move to next/prev highlighted text/bookmark/note" or integrate it (move to next/prev chapter/highlight/bookmark/note whichever comes first)?
In two words: probably yes.

The problem is not so much in *changing* the action performed when the event is detected, but in *finding* the place of the code where this is happening.

I'm currently very short on time, so I can't look into it, sorry. But feel free to give it a shot, i.e., try to find exactly where this stuff is handled.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #910
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Update Error : 3

Hello community,

I have a little problem.

When i take the update_jbpatch_2.4.1_install.bin file in mnt/us/ per xterm commands and then look in menu->setting->menu the 'Update your kindle' is greyed out.

If i restart my device then comes 'Update Error : 3' with some other stuff like 'press [home] to return to home'.

I reinstalled the jailbreak already but nothings is changed and I never got an error before this update.

I have Kindle Touch version 5.1.2.

I hope someone can tell what I did wrong or how can i run it.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 11-18-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #911
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
you can use

Quote:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.ota startUpdate 1
or run it via the systemik extension thingy (which just does that on one of the buttons)
I'll add link

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...30&postcount=7
Spoiler:

top option
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #912
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you can use

or run it via the systemik extension thingy (which just does that on one of the buttons)
I'll add link

LINK: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...30&postcount=7
Spoiler:

top option
Thanks man. This command was it for what I searched. I founded a other command but it is a little bit different like yours.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer
Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #913
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

xterm keyboard disappeard

hello again,

After this nice update I can not see the xterm keyboard if i entered it.

Hat could I do to appear the keyboard from the xterm?

EDIT: I deactivated all certificates of JBPatch and see the keyboard is back.

Best regards
Bagerfahrer

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 11-18-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #914
ixtab
(offline)

-----
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #915
szfisher
Enthusiast
szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.szfisher seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kindel Touch
Chinese(China) language pack

Usage:

1. Use winrar unzip the attached file.
2. Connect kindle with USB mode.
3. Copy all TXT files unziped to directory \opt\jbpatch.
4. Reboot your kindle.
Attached Files
File Type: rar jbpatch-2.4.1-Chinese.rar (7.7 KB, 539 views)
szfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks