Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
fidjit
fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
Kindle 3 3G International Coverage US vs International model

A quick article I wrote for The Gadgeteer in regards to Kindle 3 3G models and international 3G coverage that might help out someone here
http://tinyurl.com/6rparnm
fidjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Thanks for posting - that's very informative.

I hope it doesn't become a moot point. Amazon has just released the Touch internationally. However, it is only available in wifi - no 3G, which is disappointing.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
fidjit
fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.fidjit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 3 3G
One of the main reasons I didn't "upgrade" is because of the fact that the new K4 Touch 3G only covers the Amazon Shop/Wikipedia and not full Internet Access. I really can't see myself sitting on a beach in say SE Asia and going "Oooh I must have that book right now".

You need to also be aware that in some countries I believe that the K33g will only give you Amazon and Wikipedia and not full access,

If you do travel a bit then the K3 3G might well be worth considering while they're still available. ( Though that being said, Amazon may decide to knock the free 3G on the head at any time ).

The full 3G web access probably isn't meant to be used the way I'm using it, but while it works I'll make the most of it ( without abusing it ). It has more than paid back the extra $50 cost to me even in just one overseas trip.

Last edited by fidjit; 02-03-2012 at 09:32 PM.
fidjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
I have Kindle Keyboard 3G international edition and Kindle Touch 3G US firmware updated. Both can used 3G connection in south east asia.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
barmalei
barmalei began at the beginning.

Device: K3 3G +SO (B006)
According to Amazon support representatives, there is no chance to select a specific version (B006 or B00A) of Kindle keyboard 3G for international delivery from this page.
As they said, "it's a selection made by system. The system determines which version of Kindle is appropriate to your country". However, in my experience, they can send both B006 and B00A version to the same country, and, as support says it selects randomly.

In some countries (Britain, Germany, etc. - mostly european) Amazon delivers a european B00A version only (Vodafone).
barmalei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert