Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
GuillaumeJay
Enthusiast
GuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 1
Send to ereader

Is there is an option / possibility with a cybook odissey front light to do a "Send to " Device just like on kindle ?

I'm using more and more Instapaper / pocket, and I would love to do this kind of setup

Last edited by GuillaumeJay; 02-10-2013 at 11:25 AM.
GuillaumeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
nlundberg
Connoisseur
nlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight, Calibre, Macbook pro, OSX 10.6.8
With Calibre you can do that, with USB cable or over WIFI with your computer as a server.
nlundberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
GuillaumeJay
Enthusiast
GuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-booksGuillaumeJay has learned how to read e-books

It's not exactly the same thing (for example, there are services, like longform.org which is using the kindle emaill address)
I just got a kindle paperwhite, i think i'm in love, and i'm going to send back the odissey : i don't need the physical buttons as much as i though, the display is better, the light can be set to a lower intensity (very important for my wife..).
I'll test both a few days more.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #4
nlundberg
Connoisseur
nlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and gracenlundberg herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight, Calibre, Macbook pro, OSX 10.6.8
I see, I am quite new to this. Still trying to get a grip.

I would really fancy a smooth way to get web articles straight to the Odyssey.

The Odyssey Frontlight leaves much to which for, but as this is my first e-reader I do not have hands on experience of other e-readers. But Odyssey is not locked to a format, wich for me is a reason better than any to choose it.

Yes, the light should be possible to set to a lower level. There are a lot of weird things. No search, few dictionaries, zooming is not that great, annotations works bad, bookmarking is awkward,to get to table of content you need to flip through several menues, and so on.

If you come up with a good solution for sending articles to the Odyssey please let me know.
nlundberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:15 AM   #5
GuillaumeJay
Enthusiast

Just use Calibre, and you can ignore Format Locking.

I returned the Odissey. The Paperwhite is just better : faster, better light control, and a better display, dictionary is well integrated (and handle several languages), better built (I tend to read on the side, with my hand weighing on the e-reader 's side : the cybook is painfully edgy). It just does not have any physical buttons, but that's not as much a problem than I thought.
Advert