Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
eberhardt333
Edge User

Journal Not Saving Writing When Moving to a New Page or Saving it

Help. Tech support isn't available until Monday and I was hoping someone else might have had this problem or know what to do. All of the sudden today when I went into my journal section when I wrote information down and went to the next page it erased it all. Then I tried writing something and saving it and it erased it again. So I restarted the edge and tried again same result. This happened in both preexisting journals and newly created ones. I can't write anything right now if it is going to just erase it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Old 11-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Hi eberhardt. I just created a new journal, wrote something on the first page, moved to a new page and wrote more, and both pages were still intact. I then saved the journal, moved to a new page and wrote something, and then checked the first and second pages and they were still okay. I saved the journal and quit it, then reopened it and everything was still intact.

In short, I couldn't reproduce the problem.

Restarting the eDGe should have cleared up temporary problems, if any.

Maybe someone else can try reproducing it.

Meanwhile, I guess the best thing is to hold off using the Journal until you can talk to Tech Support on Monday. If you install Maple Paint from Library - Store - Apps, you can get almost the same journal-like app on the LCD side to use over the weekend.

Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
Paintbrush
Edge User

I had this problem with my PE a couple days after I got it. I thought it was just because I was still learning it. I have not seen it again since, and I just tried to recreate it, but everything seems to work fine. I wonder if this fixes itself when updates are installed, since I just added the updates.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

I'm trying to find out from Support what the recently released Dingo 1.9 update for the Pocket eDGe specifically addresses. Hopefully this Journal issue is one of them.

For those wondering how to check for and get updates, see https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=207.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

I gave tech support a call about this disappearing journal question. One thing to check is to see if you selected the "white" ink for the pen. When you write with white "ink", the Journal will display a black line initially as you draw (it does this for faster response). When you refresh, switch or save the page, the Journal redraws the page with the actual colour in high quality. At this point, the ink changes to the actual white colour, and therefore can disappear if you're written against the standard empty white background.

To check or change the pen colour, show the "Menu" at the bottom of the Journal, then tap the menu item to the left of the "Help" menu (if you have "White" selected, it will show that as the menu caption). Simple select another colour, such as "Black". Now when you write, it will still appear black at first, but when you refresh the page, move to another page, etc., it will stay black.

Hopefully this helps

Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
eberhardt333
Edge User

Boris - yes thanks I called them and figured it out. I feel slightly stupid because I had gone through and checked all the basic settings on the journal page, but the default setting had changed to white, so it kept changing back. I know that I did not change it, so maybe had something to do with the update. Good for anyone to know that should be the first thing they check.