Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #31
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I haven't bought even one this time around. This is because I have yet to look at even one of the 29 books I bought with the 60 percent off coupon last time. I'm trying to keep some semblance of sanity here!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
OMG - you poor thing! I hope you can get it done soon.
Thanks Hopefully in July I will finally get it out. I have periods where I am fine as long as I dont eat trigger foods and then I have times where I just can't eat less then a handful of different types of food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
You poor dear. I went from zero to toxic in just a few months, and that was bad enough. It was quite a conundrum. Gross stuff behind spoiler.

I can't imagine living with some of those symptoms for as long as you have. You will eat pizza again. It took me about 6 months, though part of my reticence was because that was what triggered that last attack, but as long as there isn't too much greasy pepperoni on it I can handle it with no problems. After a couple of years, my liver made up most of what was lost when my gallbladder was taken out. It's an adjustment, but it's definitely an improvement over the pre-removal symptoms.
Thanks I have reflux the way you described and the doc thinks it's the GB causing it. I have pain mostly on my left side. I'm told this is Atypical for gallbladder issues but since I dropped 30 pounds my GB pain is nonexistent unless I eat the wrong thing but I have reflux now really bad no matter what. The prilosec helps alot but left side pain is annoying.

Quote:
I knew someone would take the bait. There's a few in there, and there's also a few that were too short to count for the challenge, so I don't have them listed. And there's more in the TBR pile... but there's also lots of other stuff too. From high-brow to low-down, I read it all.
My extent is Lora Leigh and a few ECs.

Now I wonder when FW gets the new Wild Rose books in? There are a few that look good but hopefully another coupon will be around then.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #33
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
I'm trying to keep some semblance of sanity here!
I'm glad somebody is!

It's turning into a regular feeding frenzy around here, especially now with the Summer Sale, Harper Collins, Sourcebooks, etc. I wonder if Harper Collins is responding to the Summer Sale with this, and if the other Big Six do, too - look out!
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm glad somebody is!

It's turning into a regular feeding frenzy around here, especially now with the Summer Sale, Harper Collins, Sourcebooks, etc. I wonder if Harper Collins is responding to the Summer Sale with this, and if the other Big Six do, too - look out!
According to Dear Author blog it is a retaliation of the Summer sale!

Sourcebooks seems to benefits most according to the blog post. Which is good I love to support the ones who haven't gone the way of agency pricing.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #35
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thanks Hopefully in July I will finally get it out. I have periods where I am fine as long as I dont eat trigger foods and then I have times where I just can't eat less then a handful of different types of food.

Thanks I have reflux the way you described and the doc thinks it's the GB causing it. I have pain mostly on my left side. I'm told this is Atypical for gallbladder issues but since I dropped 30 pounds my GB pain is nonexistent unless I eat the wrong thing but I have reflux now really bad no matter what. The prilosec helps alot but left side pain is annoying.

My extent is Lora Leigh and a few ECs.

Now I wonder when FW gets the new Wild Rose books in? There are a few that look good but hopefully another coupon will be around then.
Wow that is unusual for gallbladder. If you just started taking the Prilosec, it will work better the longer you take it. You just have to stay away from your bad trigger foods.

I'm sure there will be another FW coupon along. lol Seems like they are really trying to get people to use up all their micropay, which does not sound good.
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:

Sourcebooks seems to benefits most according to the blog post. Which is good I love to support the ones who haven't gone the way of agency pricing.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #37
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Wow that is unusual for gallbladder. If you just started taking the Prilosec, it will work better the longer you take it. You just have to stay away from your bad trigger foods.

I'm sure there will be another FW coupon along. lol Seems like they are really trying to get people to use up all their micropay, which does not sound good.
Quote:
Did you notice FW is adding Epubs? Again at least with the new Harlequins instead of Ereader there was epubs options on several of them. I of course didn't notice till I grab the last batch but got two epubs instead of secure ereader.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #38
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Did you notice FW is adding Epubs? Again at least with the new Harlequins instead of Ereader there was epubs options on several of them. I of course didn't notice till I grab the last batch but got two epubs instead of secure ereader.
Oh, sorry, that is just a glitch. I think they fixed it now. I just tried adding one to my cart that showed the epub option and it just showed up as Ereader. When I went back into the book listing again it just showed Ereader.

You better check your books and see if they work. If not, I'm sure they will give you a refund.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #39
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, sorry, that is just a glitch. I think they fixed it now. I just tried adding one to my cart that showed the epub option and it just showed up as Ereader. When I went back into the book listing again it just showed Ereader.

You better check your books and see if they work. If not, I'm sure they will give you a refund.
Interesting - you may (or may not) be aware that Harlequin switched to doing exclusively ADE ePubs at the end of last year on eHarlequin. (I had a subscription for several months and was able to redownload all my books when they changed.) I just assumed that they were going to be doing ePubs at FW to be consistent. Guess not.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #40
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

A glitch? My books works fine but the books I bought no longer offer epub on the book's page. However in my bookshelf I can still download them.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM   #41
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Harlequin switched to doing exclusively ADE ePubs at the end of last year on eHarlequin.
Oh yes, I remember that.

If you go to FW - Harlequin - click on formats - click on EPUB nothing comes up. Really weird. Unless they ARE adding EPUBs and something glitched on that end. Who knows? Can't keep up with this stuff and I wish they would let us know what is going on. So different from the way they used to be. <sigh>
Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #42
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

Me too. They've been extreeeemely generous with the give aways and sales. I hope it's working for them.

At this point I probably have half their catalog. I've only read a few so far but I have discovered 2 authors that will generate future purchases.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #43
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I bought the new Soldier by Grace Burrows that out today and they marked Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning down to 83 cents so I grabbed that seeing the first was given away a few months back. I'm always open to author suggestions.