Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #1
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Rooted Nook is too much fun

Geez.... this is too sweet.

I've had every generation model of the Kindle and I later bought the Nook e-ink to use library books and other epubs (and read in-store). Love 'em both (Kindle3 and Nook e-ink).

Didn't want the Nook Color, I really didn't. I love my EVO 4G android phone (rooted, yes). But I finally caved today after reading how far the rooting of the NookColor has come, took it home, verified it was in working condition and rooted it.

Being already familiar with android and already having previously purchased many apps made the experience quite easy (since I don't have to purchase them again! they are there in the market waiting for me to download free).

My NookColor is sitting here with a turtle swimming around in the background (Aquarium donation version of live wallpaper running behind Zeam). Got evernote to access all my docs. Got LogMeIn to access my desktop or parent's desktop PC for troubleshooting on the go, and even tested using Overdrive to read a library book. Could not get the Diner Dash Demo to work, though -- that would be been nice on the tablet.

Now, for reading plain text, I prefer the much lighter and easier on the eyes e-ink Kindle3, but as a mini tablet, the NookColor is impressive. And it merges my Kindle and library book reading in one device.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
... And it merges my Kindle and library book reading in one device.
Yep, can't overlook this!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #3
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
It's been so much fun just setting everything up .....my reading time has suffered.....I've never had any android type device before.....so with the rooting....I'm like a kid in a candy store....
All the tinkering to figure things out has been great.....Luckily I've off work all this week
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
Cool Hand
Cool Hand began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I have to whole hardily agree with you Joker. It has been such a blast playing with my rooted NC.
Cool Hand is offline   Reply With Quote