Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
Russian
Russian began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Bebook - Remove Sticky Residue on Screen

Hello,

I just bought an eReader named Bebook, its not an old device or anything, but there was no topic where I could post this, so I just try to do it here.

The problem is that the device had a Transparent Sticky Plastic on the Screen with instructions, when I removed it (was kind off difficult), it left some Sticky Residue, and I don't know how to remove it. Can anyone help me out please?

Link the to the eReader http://mybebook.com/

Thanks in advance,
Russian
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The safest is probably some citrus sticker remover. You can find that in most Dollar Stores, supermarkets, and hardware stores. Failing to find that, try carefully using an alcohol prep pad that you can find in drug stores. Just don't pour any liquids directly onto the screen and don't use any harsh solvents like kerosene, acetone, or naphtha.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
I didn't know the BeBook aka Hanlin V3 is a Legacy Device
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Russian

Stitchawl, thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am living in the Netherlands, so citrus sticker remover is not a solution. But Alcohol maybe is, but what kind of alcohol should I use then?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskie View Post
I didn't know the BeBook aka Hanlin V3 is a Legacy Device
I did not know it was a Chinese Counterpart to the Sony Reader named Hanlin V3.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 AM   #6
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian View Post
Stitchawl, thanks for your reply, unfortunately I am living in the Netherlands, so citrus sticker remover is not a solution. But Alcohol maybe is, but what kind of alcohol should I use then?
There are little foil packets sold for First Aid Kits with pre-moistened towelettes inside. You shouldn't have any difficulty finding these in any larger drug store. No need to purchase an entire bottle of Rubbing Alchohol unless you can find the tiny bottles made for travel. However, I've purchased citrus sticker remover in several different countries. It's pretty common stuff but unless you ask for it you probably wouldn't notice it on the shelves with other cleaning products. It's much safer to use on delicate objects.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
Russian

Wohoo, I just removed the sticky remains without a problem.

I used warm water on a fiber cloth, and rubbed gently on the screen.

Thanks for your help and advice!

Regards,
Russian
Old 05-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
Russian

I have one more question, it seems that the screen suffers from Ghosting, is that normal?
Old 05-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #9
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I know the problem has already been solved, but I thought I would add my two cents about removing adhesive residue. First, any of the orange oil products will do a fine job. The thing to watch out for is that some plastics (styrene in particular) will react badly to these orange oil based products. Another option that is safer on plastic and almost as good it WD-40, which is mostly mineral oil.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:13 AM   #10
Russian

Thanks for the info =)