Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
How To Recover a Deleted Book?

I accidentally deleted a book from my library on my Android device (using most recent Kobo app). When I sync my device, the book will not re-load.

I used a trick where I went into my kobobooks account on the web, and then deleted the book, and then 'undeleted' it - which was supposed to bring my book back into my 'I am reading' folder - but it didn't. It's still sitting in my 'purchased' folder/list and won't recover when re-syncing my kobo app on this device.

I *think* I may not be able to get it back because the book is 'no longer available' (this is what happens when I click the book details) - no longer sold on the website.

The best I was able to do is download the book and open it with Aldiko on my device (thankfully it is drm-free). It looks nasty, though...

Does anyone know if there's a way I can get this book (and any future books that may have this problem) back on my Kobo app or kobo device(s)?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Try searching for that book title using Calibre Get Books and it should find multiple places to download or buy the book including Kobo.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Perhaps Customer Support can help you fix it?

As regards future-proofing, you will simply have to make sure you keep backups of your property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Try searching for that book title using Calibre Get Books and it should find multiple places to download or buy the book including Kobo.
That would require paying more money for something you already own...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I used a trick where I went into my kobobooks account on the web, and then deleted the book, and then 'undeleted' it - which was supposed to bring my book back into my 'I am reading' folder - but it didn't. It's still sitting in my 'purchased' folder/list and won't recover when re-syncing my kobo app on this device.
If the book is in your library Purchased list on the Kobo website then you should be able to bookmark it (tick the box beside the book and cick the Bookmark button) to put it back in your I'm Reading list.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:22 AM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
If the book downloaded with Aldiko doesn't have DRM it could be free book from Kobo. Many other sources could have better formatting for that book than version downloaded by Aldiko and still be free.

Last edited by filmo; 03-28-2014 at 05:58 PM.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I had a smilar problem. This is what they told me by email to do.

-------------RESTORE---------------
- In your internet browser, go to www.kobobooks.com
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Go to your "I'm Reading" list. Select "Purchased." You'll see all of the books you have purchased on Kobo.
- Select each book you want to undelete.
- Choose "bookmark"
- When asked, "Do you want to bookmark page 1?", choose "Yes".
- Repeat for any other books you've mistakenly deleted.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote