Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #181
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
This is a funny sentence. Are you waiting for a Kindle Special Offers, or do you have a Special Offer man at home ?
(I guess you have a significant other waiting for his PW, but I wish they had special offer men. You know, the ones that cook, clean the house, get up at night when the baby is crying, get up at night when the teenager needs a ride home, get up at night when needed in general. The list being long, as a matter of fact probably endless, I'll stop here).

Haha. So far I at least have "feeds the cat late at night, takes out garbage, kills bugs, assembles IKEA furniture without grumbling" special offers.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:29 AM   #182
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Thank you all, thank you all In all honesty, its certainly not perfect, hence my rating of 3 stars. I think PW2 probably will be what we all hoped this one would be.
.. And then some! It better also have color e-ink and a flexible display!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #183
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Ahh what the heck, you only live once. At maximum brightness I see a slight green blog upper right. but it is easily negated, but turning down the light. Overall pretty happy with it.

What do you'll see (Taken with SGS2 camera)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2586806/20121018_111801.jpg

Last edited by volwrath; 10-18-2012 at 12:24 PM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #184
ultimatejimmy
Enthusiast
ultimatejimmy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite (coming soon)
Quote:
Ahh what the heck, you only live once. At maximum brightness I see a slight green blog upper right. but it is easily negated, but turning down the light. Overall pretty happy with it.

That looks great. Mine is supposed to come in a week, I hope mine looks this good (or better )
ultimatejimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #185
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
At maximum brightness I see a slight green blog upper right.

What do you'll see
I see the green blob you mention and a reasonably large pinkish area where the brightness scale thingy is
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #186
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejimmy View Post
That looks great. Mine is supposed to come in a week, I hope mine looks this good (or better )
Hope its better It does have some issues. The biggest annoyance to me is the most left LED shines brighter than the others at some levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I see the green blob you mention and a reasonably large pinkish area where the brightness scale thingy is
I see that as well, but only in the picture.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #187
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Hope its better It does have some issues. The biggest annoyance to me is the most left LED shines brighter than the others at some levels

I see that as well, but only in the picture.
Since you INSIST, it's not too visible, but it looks pink from the light symbol to the left and greenish to the right of it. When you compare the search symbol with greenish background, to the Home symbol with pinkish background, it becomes obvious.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #188
volwrath
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Since you INSIST, it's not too visible, but it looks pink from the light symbol to the left and greenish to the right of it. When you compare the search symbol with greenish background, to the Home symbol with pinkish background, it becomes obvious.
Wahh what did you do that for hehe just kidding, the biggest irritant for me so far is that I have to tone down the light to get the flashlight effect under control in the bottom. Its not that evident in this picture. Otherwise reading conditions are pretty good. I would try to get another one, but Im not confident I would get a pw that looks as good as mine
Old 10-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #189
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
This is a funny sentence. Are you waiting for a Kindle Special Offers, or do you have a Special Offer man at home ?
(I guess you have a significant other waiting for his PW, but I wish they had special offer men. You know, the ones that cook, clean the house, get up at night when the baby is crying, get up at night when the teenager needs a ride home, get up at night when needed in general. The list being long, as a matter of fact probably endless, I'll stop here).
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #190
setite
Enthusiast
setite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
setite, is it your photos or are your blacks somewhat grey?
THat would be the photo. The blacks are most definitely solidly black.
setite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #191
ahintz
Zealot
ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ahintz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle PW/iPhone5/iPad (3)/Nook ST
I picked up my Kindle this evening from Best Buy. So far I'm pretty happy with it - I'll see how it works after reading over the next few days. Here are a bunch of pics I took with my iPhone at various light levels, both with and without the overhead light on.

Overhead Light, Indoors:

Dark Room:

ahintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #192
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahintz View Post
I picked up my Kindle this evening from Best Buy. So far I'm pretty happy with it - I'll see how it works after reading over the next few days. Here are a bunch of pics I took with my iPhone at various light levels, both with and without the overhead light on.
Congrats! Looks like you got a keeper.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 AM   #193
Helgetus
Zealot
Helgetus doesn't litterHelgetus doesn't litter

Device: PW1, PW2, KB3G, Sony PRS-T3
Quote:

That one looks fantastic! Ignore the blotchy comments!
Helgetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #194
fasteight
fasteight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got my Kindle today from Amazon. Never had a Kindle before, and I'm a bit disappointed by the "stage lighting" at the bottom, even though I had seen some pics online and knew to expect it.

Really appreciate this thread. Judging from the other pictures, I guess this is considered a "good" one.

Overhead lighting off toward the bottom of the kindle, brightness set at 14.

Last edited by fasteight; 10-21-2012 at 05:44 AM.
fasteight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #195
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
ahintz & fasteight: both of your Kindle Paperwhites look excellent, to me.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote