Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Smile Hello from Perth, Australia.

Hi,

I'm an author of SF who recently decided to publish via Smashwords.

Just found these forums. I'm a new author and recently moved into Smashwords, but found people were having trouble getting them onto mobile devices ( A problem with Amazon/Smashwords connections? ) So while searching I stumbled into this place.

Thought I'd say hello -

Also, in case anyone would like to have a look ( I'm distributing freely - like shareware )

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34627

I am hoping to find out how the story is looking on different E-readers and devices... Basically get some feedback so I can work out how to improve it so it's more readable.

And then I'll take the information back to the other writers in my group in case they follow in this process -

David Kitson.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company, David. Best of luck with the book and with Smashwords. You'll find enthusiastic support for indie authors here. Have a happy 2011. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi David and welcome to MobileRead.

First time I ever visited Perth was right after you all had won the America's Cup. Anyway, I walked into a pub and announced that you probably didn't know it but, as you'd won the America's Cup, that meant you'd won America and we like breakfast at 8:00 on the dot please. I could not buy a pint for the rest of the night.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thankyou Neil, Cassidy - the welcome is most certainly appreciated.

Ahh, yes, the America's Cup. Well that brings back memories. It was probably the first time the world realized that Perth even existed...

I am most certainly glad that they took care of you then Cassidy - if you came back now you'd think that time froze over the day you left... Like a modern-day Brigadoon. Well, except for the people you might have known who'd be older

Do either of you write as well?

Regards
David
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
I am most certainly glad that they took care of you then Cassidy - if you came back now you'd think that time froze over the day you left... Like a modern-day Brigadoon. Well, except for the people you might have known who'd be older

Do either of you write as well?
Last time I was in Perth was back in the early 90's. Just as pleasant then.

Apart from travel guides which I write as a hobby (New York, Hawaii & Australia), I'm not a writer.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***Do either of you write as well?***

G'day, David. I've been a pro writer and editor for the past forty-five years. There's a link to an indie publishing house below where I currently head up the editorial team.

Pop into the bookstore there and take a look around. Many titles by Australian authors and/or set in Australia. If a couple of titles catch your eye, just drop me a line and I'll be happy to send them over in the format of your choice with our compliments.

Best wishes for 2011. Neil -- ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign, of course)
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
***Do either of you write as well?***

G'day, David. I've been a pro writer and editor for the past forty-five years. There's a link to an indie publishing house below where I currently head up the editorial team.

Pop into the bookstore there and take a look around. Many titles by Australian authors and/or set in Australia. If a couple of titles catch your eye, just drop me a line and I'll be happy to send them over in the format of your choice with our compliments.

Best wishes for 2011. Neil -- ntmarrATbewrite.net (but use the @ sign, of course)
Hi Neil,

Thankyou, that's very kind. I had a glance and the numbers of titles there were rather overwhelming. Rather than make a quick selection though, I'd like to take my time when I have a few extra moments down the track and have a good look, if it might be possible for me to accept your generous offer at a later date instead?

Your name sounds rather familiar too and I can't help but wonder if I've heard it mentioned by other authors in the writing group I attend. I guess it's quite likely if you're publishing a number of Australian authors.

Unfortunately, remembering where I've heard names is not my strong point.

Could I ask if you're familiar at all with the KSP writers group in Western Australia?

Thanks and Regards
David.

p.s. Happy new year !
Old 12-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImogenRose View Post
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
Thankyou Imogen - your welcome is appreciated -
Old 01-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #10
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR!

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to MR! Be sure to check out the writing forum and the self-promotions forum here.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote